• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NEW TRUCK

jimf5

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I know we have an auto section, thought I might get more responses here. I just bought a new Jeep Gladiator and
was wondering if any of our members had one and how you feel about it, good or bad.
jimf5
In Pahrump
IMG_20211126_143014928_HDR.jpg

Dr. Marneaus

Leave me alone.
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
We have a 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, but not a Gladiator.

Its been reliable, we had the steering box recall done just because. Other than that, it's been problem free.

Being a Rubicon, its pretty great off the pavement.

Dusty

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
My uncle here in Pahrump has a red gladiator, with all kinds of bumpers light bars and a winch installed. He loves it.
Mods are gonna move it.?

Gunhand

Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
My son in law is the head of maintenance for Enterprise Rent a Car in Oregon. They have had problems with the plastic water pump covers breaking

Coup d'etat

Forward assist bolt?
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Consumer Reports rates all Jeeps pretty bad for recalls and customer complaints, especially the little Jeep that isn't a Jeep. It's a FIAT SUV rebadged as a Jeep. It's the one it's the funky "X" tailights.

Coup d'etat

Forward assist bolt?
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
This is the "Italian" made Jeep. The Renegade.

IMG.jpg

Coup d'etat

Forward assist bolt?
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Go to consumerreports.com and research Gladiator. If there are any issues it will be stated.
Also research recalls for the Gladiator. There is a website that lists all factory recalls for all vehicles. Sorry the website name escapes me at the moment.

Coup

Dr. Marneaus

Leave me alone.
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Its a jeep, its not supposed to be particularly reliable, comfortable, fast, safe in a crash, or well mannered on the pavement. Anybody that buys one should know that.

The fiat panda jeeps and compass/patriot things take all of the above, make it 10x worse, then completely throw away any of the reedming qualitys of a "true to style" jeep. They are garbage rental cars.

jimf5

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Hi All:
Thanks for the replies. I researched every thing about the truck i could find BEFORE i bought it but i want to know from other owners.
jimf5
in Pahrump

Coup d'etat

Forward assist bolt?
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I used to work for AMC Jeep before Chrysler bought them out. You could still order a CJ with an AMC 304 V8. The old 258 straight six was most common.
Customers would watch Jeep commercials on TV showing jeeps flying through the air and over cliffs.
Every Monday morning we would have Jeeps coming into the dealership with blown transfer cases and shattered gears, usually 1st or 2nd. The suspension would have cracked, bent welds, stretched brackets, tweaked frames.
It was rough trying to tell the customer that the factory warranty doesn't cover "owner abuse".

LASCHRIS

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2023 Supporter
I used to work for AMC Jeep before Chrysler bought them out. You could still order a CJ with an AMC 304 V8. The old 258 straight six was most common.
Customers would watch Jeep commercials on TV showing jeeps flying through the air and over cliffs.
Every Monday morning we would have Jeeps coming into the dealership with blown transfer cases and shattered gears, usually 1st or 2nd. The suspension would have cracked, bent welds, stretched brackets, tweaked frames.
It was rough trying to tell the customer that the factory warranty doesn't cover "owner abuse".
But the rat patrol jeeps never broke down. Had a 73 CJ5 with 304 3 speed. Criss crossed the usa twice. Hit a patch of ice, rolled down a hill. Motor was still purring while I was hanging upside down in my seatbelt. Great for summer use. Short wheel base forget about ice.

Coup d'etat

Forward assist bolt?
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
The old CJ's we're awesome. The Willies Jeeps of WWII were indestructible. They had flathead four cylinder engines and top speed was about 50 mph.

That’s cool how long did it take the winning girl to sell?
1 week. She wasnt a wheeler, and did not have the ability to pay the tax liability associated with the winning, so she sold it to the wholesaler for msrp..... the tax liability she was on the hook for was over 35k... i have the build sheet and at retail prices it was a 120k build and they were taxing her on that value. 1 more reason i cant stand the tax man... she probably would have kept it if she didn't have to pay the exorbitant taxes.