Post your offroad vehicle

loic1

Well-known member (45 ACP)
here is my 98 wrangler 4 banger. it just turned 160 000 miles..
I have a 2 inch lift and 31s on it. I put a locker up front, and some rock sliders (BTF) other than this it is stock.
a few pic before I had the locker, I was suprised how well it did in Logandalle..

this is not me but to show what we just climbed..

last summer with my kids

got stuck here...lol

somewhere in the desert

top of a nice hill somewhere in the desert..

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Already posted up, but here's an update from one of my last off road adventures:

Actually had to repaint the passenger side slider after coming down from this little tippy section. Kia power.

Zac808

Not much but does the job off road.

Sent frum mobul fone soe don't freek out about my speling and grahmar. ;)

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I had no idea Kia's were that capable. Cool!
I was surprised myself. Didn't buy it with the intention of modifying it, but it does too good for me to just leave it on the street.

Actual body on frame design (no unibody like XJ's and ZJ/WJ's), limited slip rear through 2006, part time transfer case lock, and mine happens to be a 5 speed manual. Added a 2" spring spacer and some 31" tires (recently replaced with 31" General Grabber AT2's as of last Sunday). This thing takes me everywhere I point it, even hauling a trailer converted from a pickup bed. I'll put myself up against any vehicle equipped with 31" tires.

loic1

Well-known member (45 ACP)
I was surprised myself. Didn't buy it with the intention of modifying it, but it does too good for me to just leave it on the street.

Actual body on frame design (no unibody like XJ's and ZJ/WJ's), limited slip rear through 2006, part time transfer case lock, and mine happens to be a 5 speed manual. Added a 2" spring spacer and some 31" tires (recently replaced with 31" General Grabber AT2's as of last Sunday). This thing takes me everywhere I point it, even hauling a trailer converted from a pickup bed. I'll put myself up against any vehicle equipped with 31" tires.
I use Big O AT XT tire because first they're cheap and they come with free warranty, I have replaced at least 3 tires under the warranty no question asked, even when I bring it to them like this :

a branch thru the side wall... I also got a lots of cactus needles puncturing the side wall. those cactus are really hard....

Clockwork

Active member (5.56mm)
Here's my offroad vehicle It's a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee which has the 5.2L V8. I changed the T-case from the 249 to the 231 for the selectable 2WD mode. The truck is awesome except for the front axle which blew up while offroading in tie rod canyon while climbing up a waterfall...:mad:

Specs:
Engine: 5.2L V8
Axles: D30 front, D44A rear
T-case: NP231
Lift: 3" lift springs
Shoes: 33/12.5R15 BFG AT with pro comp steelies

Before:

After: