• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Post your offroad vehicle

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
the ground is soft,no traction at all,you wanna try your vehicle lets see what happen
Can't even keep mine running. ('89 Cherokee). The speed sensor sucks. I've replaced it three times, and they only last 6-7 months.

i don't know why the have to have a sensor to tell the 'brain' how fast the engine is turning. Can't it just read the tach?

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Can't even keep mine running. ('89 Cherokee). The speed sensor sucks. I've replaced it three times, and they only last 6-7 months.

i don't know why the have to have a sensor to tell the 'brain' how fast the engine is turning. Can't it just read the tach?
Sounds like the infamous "camshaft speed sensor" or "position sensor" on the XJ's. Those things go out on everybody.

Reason it's different from your tach is because the tach detects crankshaft revolutions. This is used by your ECM in conjunction to the cam position sensor so it can make sure the cams are in the proper position while operating. That sensor breaks, ECM can't be sure the cams are spinning or in proper position, can't run the motor properly.

If you ask me it's a flawed system.

Ironballs

Vegas 4 Life
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
sold my daily driver and my scooter, and now looking for real (jeep, bronco, 4x4 truck)...

edit: got a white, 95, 5.8, OJ certified, Ford Bronco- pics to come

Last edited:

gene(10)mm

Very Active Member
Forum Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
never mind... didn't work.

Last edited:

gene(10)mm

Very Active Member
Forum Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber

Up by Charleston

Thanks Facejackets, read one of your posts.

Gunrunner1911

I'm trying to think of the variant of that. It has the rear door filler panels no rear seats and a convertable wagon back right?

Gunrunner1911

It's a M998 just we had a name for it when they put the fillers in and the rear seats were pulled. It's been awhile since i cruised in one like that. I must say the H1 has better creature comforts. It's still a Hummer and thats all that counts.:seeya:

Pachinko Pistola

Certified by DHS
Forum Supporter
Founding Member
From yesterday:

After taking those photos above, I tested out the video feature of my new SLR. The 1080p quality really went to hell after converting the video format though.

Sukebe

Here's mine:

Still need to do a bunch more work before I am comfortable calling her trailworthy

Last edited by a moderator:

jseymour

Obsessed Member
Here's my 92 Ramcharger. It had a strong running 360. Several months ago though I lost all oil pressure on the freeway for some reason, so now it is broke down.

But I did happen to come across a complete 5.7 hemi and transmission that I plan on putting in it. I'm going to have it stroked to a 392 before installing it though.

So if anyone knows of a good machine shop in town I can have the hemi rebuilt in I would appreciate the info.

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber

Hummer rescue vehicle :morningcoffee:.