• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Post your offroad vehicle

requiem

Ain't nobody got time for that!
Staff member
Lead Bouncer
Founding Member
well i wasn't defending it being an off road vehicle...just saying that there's nothing poser about whats under the hood. ;)
you're right. they are nice rides...but they're GM's, so the only "off-roading" it would do is when it's on the lift in the shop being repaired every month. :lkick:

icode

Obsessed Member
you're right. they are nice rides...but they're GM's, so the only "off-roading" it would do is when it's on the lift in the shop being repaired every month. :lkick:
For real, huh. And it's a crying shame. People like us who love our country and would love to support products made here... and we can't.

irishluck73

Sold this a little while ago... company gave me a car so we use Cherokee for boat hauling/shooting duties now.

Desert Dweller

I was going to ask why nobody else has desert pinstripes, but then I noticed you can't see them in the photos of ours, either!

aint nothing poser about a 6.0, aluminum block V8.

nothing like getting sideways and doing doughnuts in an suVETTE.

LS2 baby. i love torque!
Yeah but you should try the same engine in a GTO. WAY more fun.

Here's my Gas inhaling, rock climbing, rhinolined redneck mobile:

By lincoln5o, shot with DSC-P32 at 2009-06-16

Oh and then there's my Pavement chewing "track only" vehicle on the right...

By lincoln5o, shot with DSC-P32 at 2009-01-13

Last edited:

ilocano sniper

heres mine 05 TJ,33"baja claw,4:56 gears OX locker front and rear,AIRAID intake,flowmaster

Last edited:
Yeah but you should try the same engine in a GTO. WAY more fun.
it's a different fun. i had an LS1 SS fbody...i know about THAT kind of fun too.

nothing like an suv sleeper. :wink:

if i didnt have kids i might have bought a GTO.

edit: m6 ls1...forgot about that. haha

Last edited:

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
heres mine 05 TJ,33"baja claw,4:56 gears OX locker front and rear,AIRAID intake,flowmaster

If it's got all the hot bolt-on's, why is the dust faster than the Jeep?

DoctorCheney223

Very Active Member
Well, I just purchased an ex-USMC Humvee out of Lansing, MI and a M109A3 from Nellis and these will be my off road vehicles :smile5:

If you ever see either of these out near Sloan make sure you stop by and say "Hi".

This one is scheduled for delivery on Monday or Tuesday....

and this one should have all the .gov paperwork completed in the next 7-14 days.

thanks,
Ron

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Ooooooohhhhh...... That deuce is hot! I've been fantasizing about one with a multi-fuel motor with a whistler turbo. Couple of professional fabricators are "bobbing" them: shortening them up and removing one of the rear axles.

They say you can actually get them up to freeway speed. Their low speed is due to a 2800 rpm rev limit on the motor, which gets them to around 50-55 mph. If you get taller tires for them, which the motors are said to turn with ease, you can get more speed (bigger tire = more distance per revolution = spinning the same speed as before covers more ground)...

I'm sorry, deuces are just hot. Any running condition.

requiem

Ain't nobody got time for that!
Staff member
Lead Bouncer
Founding Member
Well, I just purchased an ex-USMC Humvee out of Lansing, MI and a M109A3 from Nellis and these will be my off road vehicles :smile5:

If you ever see either of these out near Sloan make sure you stop by and say "Hi".

This one is scheduled for delivery on Monday or Tuesday....

and this one should have all the .gov paperwork completed in the next 7-14 days.

thanks,
Ron
best 5 mpg ever spent i bet!!!!!

DoctorCheney223

Very Active Member
Ooooooohhhhh...... That deuce is hot! I've been fantasizing about one with a multi-fuel motor with a whistler turbo. Couple of professional fabricators are "bobbing" them: shortening them up and removing one of the rear axles.

They say you can actually get them up to freeway speed. Their low speed is due to a 2800 rpm rev limit on the motor, which gets them to around 50-55 mph. If you get taller tires for them, which the motors are said to turn with ease, you can get more speed (bigger tire = more distance per revolution = spinning the same speed as before covers more ground)...

I'm sorry, deuces are just hot. Any running condition.
Both vehicles are running and the Humvee has a new USGI crate motor in it. It's titled in MI so there won't be a problem with registering here in NV.

As for the Duece, I want to run Super Singles on the vehicle to increase the longevity of the truck. Putting four radial SS tires on the back will help the entire drivetrain by removing the six bias skinny tires. Also, from what I have gathered, the steering radius is improved immensely by going to four SS tires in the rear.

My biggest problem at this time is trying to find a place to keep the Duece :scared:
We are lucky that our neighborhood doesn't have a HOA but at the same time, there is NO way that I could do that to my neighbors. A day or two here and there while we 'mod it but not on a regular basis.

I want to get an M35A3 but again, it comes down to space. I don't know if you are familiar with the A3 but they were upgraded during the Clinton years when the .gov wasn't purchasing anymore M35's. The program overhauled the trucks still inventory. They installed huge CAT engines, run flat system and other upgrades. I was told that the CAT engines can turn 250K miles easily if properly maintained as they are the same engines that commericial trucks use.

thanks,
Ron