Post your offroad vehicle

HoJo

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
I had a load of fun. Thank God for these guys and their tow straps. I'll have to at least get a limited slip and some shorter gears or a truck with more power and 4x4 before I try that again. I must admit my pride was a little hurt having to get towed.:blushing::001_smile:

mdashoot

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
I had a load of fun. Thank God for these guys and their tow straps. I'll have to at least get a limited slip and some shorter gears or a truck with more power and 4x4 before I try that again. I must admit my pride was a little hurt having to get towed.:blushing::001_smile:
It was still fun and I got to see how good the custom bumber held up while pulling you.

4x4Brit

Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
When I started thinking about selling my Jeep and getting into a prerunner style truck, I couldn't get my head around having a 2wd. Seeing that video makes me glad I went with a 4x4 even if it means sacrificing suspension travel. I'm guessing that hill is a bit steeper in person than on the video?

mdashoot

Forum Supporter
When I started thinking about selling my Jeep and getting into a prerunner style truck, I couldn't get my head around having a 2wd. Seeing that video makes me glad I went with a 4x4 even if it means sacrificing suspension travel. I'm guessing that hill is a bit steeper in person than on the video?
Its not bad. There were a couple prerunners that had the right tires and made it up ok. The Silverado had some bald tires.

HoJo

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
My main problem is having an open rear with 3.73 gearing, over sized tires and a 4 banger. I'm going to keep my eyes open for a limited slip with 4.56 gearing. I know for a fact it would have made a difference on one or two hills yesterday.

mdashoot

Forum Supporter
The Toyota guys are doing a night run starting at 7pm next Saturday. Same meet spot, Chevron on corner of 160 and 159. I need to do repairs on my coilovers and might be riding along on a trail in AZ.

4x4Brit

Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
I was just down there today chatting to Donald. Going with them for a front bumper and glass to start with. Their 4x4 front end later in the year.

mdashoot

Forum Supporter
Here's a good vid of the day. If you listen close at the end where were giong up the hill by the saloon you can hear the black Frontier make a pop sound then I go around him. He broke the front diff and transfer case, first time anybody has broke a transfer case on one of these trucks.
https://youtu.be/WpGEy4tGalk