• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New Frontier Armory

MP15Reloader

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
Anyone know if this place is under new ownership or any major shakeup regarding their management? Heard a rumor that this was the case...

Darth Vegas

I Like Guns...A Lot.
Forum Supporter
Not that I know of. It is my understanding that David (aka Guido) is the owner (and part owner of Battlefield Vegas) and Ivan is the general manager and right-hand man. Cliff (iirc) left almost a year ago.

MP15Reloader

Forum Supporter
Gotcha.. had a somewhat disappointing experience that my step dad stated was due to "new ownership"... oh well time to find another lgs.

SundevilSG

Minute of Barn
Forum Supporter
Gotcha.. had a somewhat disappointing experience that my step dad stated was due to "new ownership"... oh well time to find another lgs.
Talk to Guido (the owner) here on this forum before you jump ship. I'm sure he'll do everything he can to make it right. No one can be perfect 100% of the time.

MP15Reloader

Forum Supporter
It's not what the store did.. it's more me and probably taking it personal.

So here's the story...

My wife owns a sig mosquito that she loves shooting. We bought it from nfa armory several years ago new. We have maybe 6 to 7 thousand down the pipe, all mini mags as this gun only shoots those reliably. Last range trip we loaded a mag and the weapon wouldn't fire. I cleared it, tried two other mags same story. So I took a look at the rounds, no indentation on the rim so I figure, okay firing pin maybe hammer spring these things wear out I get it. So I take it to nfa hoping a gunsmith or someone could take a look at it and let me know what's wrong. Not having any experience working on these I wasn't going to take the risk. So I drop it off and they say they will take a look and give me a call. Yesterday I get a voice mail telling me they have no gunsmith and it's my fault for dry firing the weapon too much. I pick it up today and was told I was ruining the weapon because it has been dry fired too much and around the chamber is being ruined because the firing pin has been striking it, but they think it's the firing pin. He then states he's not comfortable working on it cause he's an armored not a smith...no problem I get it I'm not comfortable with it either, I have no problem sending it to sig.. except for one major problem...

I HAVE NEVER DRY FIRED THIS PISTOL ONCE...NOT ONCE...

This is a range pistol so even after cleaning my function check is racking the slide and using the decocker. Why the f**k am I being told that from my habits they know nothing about and are incorrect about, they can tell the cause? Holy sh** I was steamed after the voice mail but picking it up today made up my mind.

Now yeah im probably taking it too personally but don't lecture me on dry firing. The only time I have ever dry fired a weapon is with an m4 and m 16 doing a washer drill... I'll take it to spartan to see if they have a part or can order a part for me really have no interest mailing it to sig for a replacement firing pin, plus gives me an opportunity to learn the pistol. Perhaps I should order 3 of them since my "dry firing" addiction seems to be so pronounced.

Not trying to knock a sponsor nor get any kind of consolation service as my mind has been made up, just thoroughly disappointed.

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
Talk to Guido (the owner) here on this forum before you jump ship. I'm sure he'll do everything he can to make it right. No one can be perfect 100% of the time.
Exactly. Please shoot me an e-mail or a PM here so we can get to the bottom of the problem.

Many times its a simple misunderstanding that can usually be corrected in the store by asking for myself or a manager.

Please let me know what I can do to help remedy the issue and ensure it won't happen again.

If I or my management team doesn't hear about it we can't fix it or clear up the miscommunication.

Thanks!

As far as changes in ownership there isn't any. The brick and mortar firearm industry as a whole took a serious dive after the "Newtown Panic" and we had to switch focus quickly towards our wholesale and manufacturing operations which took some attention off the store. Summer's are always slow and year after year they've been getting worse and worse the easier it is to order most products online at the same price, or cheaper than what we can pay for them as dealers. Because of this we cut inventory substantially through the summer, and over the next 2-4 weeks will be building that inventory back up in preparation for the busier seasons.

Hopefully this answers some of the questions on why the store seemed to be turned upside down many times throughout the summer. There has been a slight learning curve as we moved Ivan up into the Store Manager position, but he's caught on very quick and we think he's doing a great job.

Like I said earlier, please give me a shout so we can address any problems you had and make things right. I'd like to make things right whether you chose to shop here again or not, its just how we do business!

STV_Keith

Obsessed Member
I've been dealing with Ivan since my first day in the shop since you (Dave) seem to be there less and less. :smash: Ownership has its privileges. Haha. Ivan has been great to deal with each and every time. Glad to do he is doing well in his new role.

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
Thanks for sharing. I talked to Hugo and maybe with his bad english there was something lost in translation. He wasn't implying that you were dry firing the pistol, he was trying to explain that the firing pin was bent/damaged to where it was leaving marks on the barrel outside of the casing and not hitting for ignition properly, and thats what was leaving the marks.

He also suggested that we help you contact Sig, since they would have sent a call tag for free to ship the pistol back to them for repairs, provide the parts and service for free, and they normally deep clean, function check, replace any other worn parts, and more times than not throw an extra magazine in with the gun. I'm sorry you thought he was blowing you off by not taking it apart. We could have charged you for a gunsmith to take it apart to tell you the same thing, that it was a firing pin issue and we then would have recommended the same thing, having Sig warranty their product as intended so we didn't have to charge you for parts and labor.

Either way, I spoke to Hugo about being more clear in his communications, and I apologize on his behalf for any confusion. He feels really bad and it definitely wasn't his intention to assume anything about you dry firing or not, although 90% of the time, thats the exact reason for the problems you had with the firing pin.

Sorry again, and if there's anything I can do to change your mind please let me know, if not I'm sorry. I would also suggest any store you go to if you're angry about something you bring it up and communicate clearly about it at the time of the incident so the employees or manager has a chance to get to the bottom of the problem before it gets blown out of proportion by misunderstanding and anger.

It's not what the store did.. it's more me and probably taking it personal.

So here's the story...

My wife owns a sig mosquito that she loves shooting. We bought it from nfa armory several years ago new. We have maybe 6 to 7 thousand down the pipe, all mini mags as this gun only shoots those reliably. Last range trip we loaded a mag and the weapon wouldn't fire. I cleared it, tried two other mags same story. So I took a look at the rounds, no indentation on the rim so I figure, okay firing pin maybe hammer spring these things wear out I get it. So I take it to nfa hoping a gunsmith or someone could take a look at it and let me know what's wrong. Not having any experience working on these I wasn't going to take the risk. So I drop it off and they say they will take a look and give me a call. Yesterday I get a voice mail telling me they have no gunsmith and it's my fault for dry firing the weapon too much. I pick it up today and was told I was ruining the weapon because it has been dry fired too much and around the chamber is being ruined because the firing pin has been striking it, but they think it's the firing pin. He then states he's not comfortable working on it cause he's an armored not a smith...no problem I get it I'm not comfortable with it either, I have no problem sending it to sig.. except for one major problem...

I HAVE NEVER DRY FIRED THIS PISTOL ONCE...NOT ONCE...

This is a range pistol so even after cleaning my function check is racking the slide and using the decocker. Why the f**k am I being told that from my habits they know nothing about and are incorrect about, they can tell the cause? Holy sh** I was steamed after the voice mail but picking it up today made up my mind.

Now yeah im probably taking it too personally but don't lecture me on dry firing. The only time I have ever dry fired a weapon is with an m4 and m 16 doing a washer drill... I'll take it to spartan to see if they have a part or can order a part for me really have no interest mailing it to sig for a replacement firing pin, plus gives me an opportunity to learn the pistol. Perhaps I should order 3 of them since my "dry firing" addiction seems to be so pronounced.

Not trying to knock a sponsor nor get any kind of consolation service as my mind has been made up, just thoroughly disappointed.

5.56 AP

I had a similar situation, only not with NFA, with the Manufacturer of a brand new "name brand" flashlight that I bought. It quit working within a month. When I contacted the company I was made to feel as if I did something wrong. When I elevated it to the next level and got a hold of the boss he explained the situation, just like Dave did here. It sucks feeling like you aren't being taken care of after the sale, but I think if you give it a little time and think it over you will hopefully realize that it was just a misunderstanding. Get a new firing pin and get back out shooting again.

If not choose a different LGS like you said. It's up to you.

Just speaking from my personal experience going all the way back to when NFA opened they have always treated me and my family right.

Just offering my $.02 FWIW.