Examples of how to and not to post WTS/WTT/WTB ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If we could post the location for posts at the end of the title such as 'WTS ak47 - Henderson' or 'WTB [insert random antique handgun here] - Reno' That'd be pretty amazeballs. Seems 95% of the forum lives in Vegas or henderson and fairly certain I won't go there in a long time. Once in a blue moon the Reno post comes and I get happy lol. All these posts of firearms I'm totally interested in and turns out they're all the way in Vegas / Henderson just makes me sad :reaction:

djthumper

Member (9mm)
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Why does the OP go back and change the title to sold and clear out the OP? Why not just amend the title with SOLD as a prefix and ask it to be locked? The rest of the thread with comments and questions just look crappy now.

djthumper

Member (9mm)
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They don't have to state who they sold it to. This isn't my first rodeo on forums. It looks messy and unorganized when there are a bunch of threads that are titled SOLD. If I were doing a search on the site to try to get an idea of a previous asking prices the threads are all jacked up.

rcg2007

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Making your thread to the top. Basically you can type anything like bump, back to the top, weekend bump, up up please and etc.. and the thread will go to the top.[/QUOTE
I always wondered what "bump" meant and how to move my posting back on top.
Thanks.

drpatel77

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You can tell him PM sent. But if you don't say '"I'll take it", you stand a chance of losing out.
Sorry not trying to hijack a thread but recently moved to Las Vegas.. just registered on this forum... went to the sales thread - but it doesn't allow me to comment or post an ad.... anything i am misssing... any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks.

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Sorry not trying to hijack a thread but recently moved to Las Vegas.. just registered on this forum... went to the sales thread - but it doesn't allow me to comment or post an ad.... anything i am misssing... any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks.
I just approved you.Try again.

If it doesn't work, message titanNV.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
is there a thread on how to attach pics to a post in case i post something for sale....
Press the 'Insert Image' button from the top menu of the posting box (looks like two mountains and a sun inside a rectangle, located between the chain and the smiley face), from there you can either link to an image, or upload your own image.

garymccann

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
As a seller, how do I send a PM (=Private Message?), to a buyer who has replied "I'll take it" and how is a PM reply from the buyer received,
both of which seem like the right way to agree on the details of the sale. Would I just indicate PM at the start of my reply, since I don't see a link
for it? I do understand that I should post 'Sold or SPF' and to whom sold if I accept a buyer's offer.

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner / Outsider
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Touch on their name and select Start Conversation.
when they reply it will show in your inbox ( top right of the screen ).

WantaG18

a noid
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
214   0   0
I do understand that I should post 'Sold or SPF' and to whom sold if I accept a buyer's offer.

You could keep a private party transaction private and just post Sold or SPF. Leaving feedback is the best way to acknowledge a good, or bad, transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.