Post your offroad vehicle

mdashoot

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
Still haven't done an alignment but Dans did install the 4.88 gears.

Nice truck. Who did the bumper? I need dans to re-gear my new rear axle, I upgraded to the bigger pro4x one with a locker but the ratio is different. I am only 2x with a rear locker right now.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

ColtBill45

Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
My current off road vehicle. Had a little "accident" with it but I'm in the middle of breaking it down and doing a full body swap. I was able to drive her home after this fun night and a trip to the hospital to get my head stapled and draining the oil filled cylinders. Don't Ask. :)

Roach

Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Nice truck. Who did the bumper? I need dans to re-gear my new rear axle, I upgraded to the bigger pro4x one with a locker but the ratio is different. I am only 2x with a rear locker right now.

Thanks. VDF did the bumper. I went back and forth - radius or not. Went with the standard as tucked as I could get to the Valance. I've got to wait until it's warm enough to paint. Rollin bro for now.

mdashoot

Forum Supporter
Thanks. VDF did the bumper. I went back and forth - radius or not. Went with the standard as tucked as I could get to the Valance. I've got to wait until it's warm enough to paint. Rollin bro for now.
I thought that looked like Austins work.

Roach

Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I thought that looked like Austins work.

Yeah he didn't touch it though. It wasn't Donald it was the other dude that's Austins co-driver. Forget his name.

4x4Brit

Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
My current off road vehicle. Had a little "accident" with it but I'm in the middle of breaking it down and doing a full body swap. I was able to drive her home after this fun night and a trip to the hospital to get my head stapled and draining the oil filled cylinders. Don't Ask. :)

Oh wow, that sucks! Glad you are ok to tell the story. What trail is that?

Vegas50

Damn Bill! Glad you're ok, the rest will buff out. :wink:

My old 99 jeep was a lot more fun after I tipped it over the first time and no longer cared about body damage. I need to get back in to weekend jeep runs i really miss them.

ColtBill45

Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Oh wow, that sucks! Glad you are ok to tell the story. What trail is that?

That was out at Apex. Ran into a ledge that a flash flood washed out underneath that you couldn't see and it gave way. The ONLY reason me and my passengers are alive are because I had an aftermarket roll cage added to the front. If that was not there, we would have been crushed.

ColtBill45

Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
looks like the nelis dunes left turn right before the big dune area. That spot has eaten numerous 4x4 through the years.
It was. I was actually on the bypass to the left when it collapsed from under me and my passenger tire gave way causing me to roll into that pit.

gixxer760

Clown World Champion
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
It was. I was actually on the bypass to the left when it collapsed from under me and my passenger tire gave way causing me to roll into that pit.
ouch glad to hear you're ok man. Rolling is never fun, its the reason i go chill in the truck. Rolled my old rhino a few times pretty hard, i know that roll cage saved my noggin...

Dusty

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Damn dude hard core, glass your all okay.

4x4Brit

Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Yeah, that's no fun at all. Looking at the pictures I was thinking you had an aftermarket cage. Long-term, I plan on caging my truck for sure. And while it won't buff right out, looks like you can save it. Good luck with the rebuild.

Roach

Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Yeah, that's no fun at all. Looking at the pictures I was thinking you had an aftermarket cage. Long-term, I plan on caging my truck for sure. And while it won't buff right out, looks like you can save it. Good luck with the rebuild.
About when you're ready you should be getting those social security checks.

[MENTION=4999]ColtBill45[/MENTION] doesn't look fun, but you walked away and thats what matters.

ColtBill45

Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
About when you're ready you should be getting those social security checks.

@ColtBill45 doesn't look fun, but you walked away and thats what matters.

Indeed. I was the only one who was hurt by the rock that came through the soft top which resulted in a few staples. My passengers walked away with no injuries which is all that I cared about.

Ouch. Makes me happy that I choose a head on collision rather than cut my wheel hard and roll my jeep back when I had one. When the cop asked why I hit the girl that cut me off rather than cut my wheel and try to avoid her I told him that I didn't feel like testing my roll cage that night.

Glad you walked away with a only a few stitches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk