Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
There are a number of spots that look like the above pictures of Fordyce Creek in northern CA, around the town of Chester, which sits on Lake Alamanor.

Hamilton Branch, Deer Creek, Dye Creek, etc. look like that. Spent a lot of time up there in years gone by, loved the area. If Lassen and Plumas Counties had been ceded to NV (the folks in the counties would like that, NV would take them, but CA won't let the land go,even though both counties have been broke for over 30 years and want to be part of NV) I would have retired there instead of Pahrump.

It's about 110 miles or so West of Reno off of 395, beautiful spot up in the pine woods.

There was some great fishing along those creeks, and also in Eagle Lake, where the trout are huge. Lake Almanor has pretty good fishing , so does June Lake and Butts Lake for that matter.

gixxer760

Clown World Champion
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Truck looking WAYYYYYYY to clean, at the meeting spot in the AM

truck looking a bit better at the destination (burro wash trail)

my buddy having fun in the water

and a video of the trail

was definitely a fun day and the water was perfect after you just sucked it up and dove in.

stitch702

Recovering Gunaholic
Forum Supporter
Nice! Love the video. How long is the burro wash trail and how do I get there? Been wanting to check it out one of these days with my jeep

Sent via pony express

Last edited by a moderator:

gixxer760

Clown World Champion
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Nice! Love the video. How long is the burro wash trail and how do I get there? Been wanting to check it out one of these days with my jeep

Sent via pony express
credit goes to the the guy with the punisher logo for the video.

trail info here http://offroadtrailguide.com/burrowash

pretty much follow the highlighted route with the exception of this one spot. we hit the wash which was high speed sand with a few rocks so just keep an eye out.

follow this trail heading southeast from the power plant. was about an hour off road.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.9225915,-114.8158062,15z/data=!3m1!1e3

we took the wash
https://www.google.com/maps/@35.892597,-114.7457684,19z/data=!3m1!1e3

ColtBill45

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Sold my Jeep in the first picture and picked up this bad boy the other day. A guy on Craigslist made me an offer that I couldn't refuse on my white TJ and I found the 05 Rubicon sitting on a dealer lot with a dirt cheap price tag and VERY low miles so I couldn't resist. It was like fate. This new one has pretty much everything done to it and can handle 37" tires with no problem. I have it on 33" tires now because 37's are a bit big for every day use but the spare is a 37. The damn lift in it cost more than what I paid out of pocket so all of the other goodies were pretty much free. :thumbup1:

Xodius

Blaster of Birdies!
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Sold my Jeep in the first picture and picked up this bad boy the other day. A guy on Craigslist made me an offer that I couldn't refuse on my white TJ and I found the 05 Rubicon sitting on a dealer lot with a dirt cheap price tag and VERY low miles so I couldn't resist. It was like fate. This new one has pretty much everything done to it and can handle 37" tires with no problem. I have it on 33" tires now because 37's are a bit big for every day use but the spare is a 37. The damn lift in it cost more than what I paid out of pocket so all of the other goodies were pretty much free. :thumbup1:

Very nice! Congratulations.

Last edited by a moderator:
]Here's my dusty rig after a fun day out. Since it was free day at Red Rock we did Potato Ridge west-bound up to Lovel Wash. 33's, no lift or armor, so didn't want to risk damage of going any further.

Last edited:

mdashoot

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
]Here's my dusty rig after a fun day out. Since it was free day at Red Rock we did Potato Ridge west-bound up to Lovel Wash. 33's, no lift or armor, so didn't want to risk damage of going any further.

That trail is no joke, we ran the whole thing and it was definitely a nail biter. I dragged my driveline a bit but luckily it just scraped it a little. One guy dented his rear side panel on a rock and another guy dented in his rear fender just behind the tire pretty good. Only protection I am missing is the transfer case skid and that even had me worried. My radiator and engine skids got some use though.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Yeah the run wasn't too bad up until we hit the wash. Then it was "Whelp, that's the end of this road". Just turning around and the beginning of the wash wound up being pretty tricky. I can't wait to go back and give it a shot after I've dumped some more money into the rig. Definitely not a solo trip even then, though.

Xodius

Blaster of Birdies!
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
It is funny how much that trail has changed over the years. I remember when i moved here and took my stock WJ through there with no issues and them my modified KJ.
My father in law remembers taking his Malibu through there in the 70's lol.