• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NEW TRUCK

Aswild

Well-known member (45 ACP)
1 week. She wasnt a wheeler, and did not have the ability to pay the tax liability associated with the winning, so she sold it to the wholesaler for msrp..... the tax liability she was on the hook for was over 35k... i have the build sheet and at retail prices it was a 120k build and they were taxing her on that value. 1 more reason i cant stand the tax man... she probably would have kept it if she didn't have to pay the exorbitant taxes.
That’s crazy. That’s the Issue with a lot of the winners do not realize they have to pay the tax man. Well good for u it sounds like a great build. What size tire did they go with a 35

Dr. Marneaus

Leave me alone.
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
That’s crazy. That’s the Issue with a lot of the winners do not realize they have to pay the tax man. Well good for u it sounds like a great build. What size tire did they go with a 35
This are bigger than 35’s that’s for sure

Just an Average Joe

Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Consumer Reports rates all Jeeps pretty bad for recalls and customer complaints, especially the little Jeep that isn't a Jeep. It's a FIAT SUV rebadged as a Jeep. It's the one it's the funky "X" tailights.
Chrysler corp. products, and Fiat products have a well deserved reputation for shoddy reliability.

I test drove one of these 5 years ago, was a cheap and fun to drive car, and was cheap, but then did some research and steered way clear - there was a reason so many were on the used market only 1 to 3 years old.....

1638977603522.png

Just an Average Joe

Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
1 week. She wasnt a wheeler, and did not have the ability to pay the tax liability associated with the winning, so she sold it to the wholesaler for msrp..... the tax liability she was on the hook for was over 35k... i have the build sheet and at retail prices it was a 120k build and they were taxing her on that value. 1 more reason i cant stand the tax man... she probably would have kept it if she didn't have to pay the exorbitant taxes.
Sharp looking truck.

What did you end up paying for it?

Car prices are insane right now. I just paid MSRP for a 2 year old VW Golf R with 16k miles on it.

3-year old Hondas and Toyotas with 20-30k miles are selling for OVER new MSRP.

Just an Average Joe

Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
20 years ago when I visited Vegas a lot on weekends, I dumped probably hundreds of dollars into all of the nickel slots that had a fancy car as the grand prize. I remember specifically a Corvette on Fremont Street, and the Sahara had a red Dodge Viper on nickel slots.

Went back when they were closing to ride the rollercoaster ("Speed"?) right before they closed, and the same late 1990's Viper was still sitting over those nickel slots, with a sign that said "You are playing for the actual car". Was an older gentleman dusting the machines, I asked him if that was the original car - he said, "man that thing is an antique - it's been won so many times buy nobody could ever pay the taxes, so they took a smaller cash payout".

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Car prices are insane right now. I just paid MSRP for a 2 year old VW Golf R with 16k miles on it.

3-year old Hondas and Toyotas with 20-30k miles are selling for OVER new MSRP.
Yep.

I've sold two of my vehicles in the last several months (one straight sale and one sideways 'trade in') and prices are insane. My 2008 Ridgeline went for 50% more than it was worth 2 years ago. My 2018 Outback went for less than a grand less than I paid for it new. Picked up a new SUV (at barely a slight discount off MSRP), made all my 'savings' on the stupid trade.

On the plus side, since prices suck I ordered what I wanted and just had to wait for it to get trucked in (which sucked since the shipping situation is terrible).

I 'made' my wife get a new CUV since her current vehicle worth was stupid high. ("Made" meaning all I really had to do was drag her to a dealer, and I knew she'd find something she liked. She hates car shopping as much as I love car shopping. I love the dickering, haggling, walking away etc. I know, I'm weird, but I like haggling in bazaars as well so...)

Last edited:

Coup d'etat

Forward assist bolt?
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I paid $40,000 cash for my 2019 Turbo RST Chevy Silverado 4-door standard bed with matching shell. It had 9,500 original miles. Practically brand new.
Dealer called me and asked me to sell it back to them for $10,000 more than I paid. Incredible.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Dealer called me and asked me to sell it back to them for $10,000 more than I paid. Incredible.
Heh. Speaking of dealer silliness: I literally drove my new SUV off the lot on Monday on this week. On Tuesday I got an email from from the dealer saying "We want to buy your XYZ". I emailed back saying "Can I at least drive it for a few days, Gloria?" :)

jimf5

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Hi All:
I knew this thread would die if it was moved here. Thanks to the few who gave an honest review of their Gladiators.
Jim in Pahrump

vegasdom

Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I don’t know why you jeep guys modify those things because I never see them off road. I can just imagine the tears if you got some desert pin stripes. :ROFLMAO:

Dr. Marneaus

Leave me alone.
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I don’t know why you jeep guys modify those things because I never see them off road. I can just imagine the tears if you got some desert pin stripes. :ROFLMAO:
Yup. I cry so hard every time I look at my fenders all gouged up, have to paint over the areas where the bed liner is ripped off my rock sliders and bumpers, have to touch up paint on the body and hard top. When my brother in law was detailing it last week and had to cut the 2 year clear coat I balled my eyes out.

The reason you don’t see me off road is because I intentionally avoid other ‘off roaders’ because they tend to be really annoying ;-)

Last edited:

Dr. Marneaus

Leave me alone.
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
FSJ's Rock!
I had an old Wagoneer with the 258 and manual trans.
An HEI conversion is a nice upgrade. I also did a Weber DGEV carb swap on mine. Regret selling every time I see one.

View attachment 115913
No. FSJ’s suck lol. Drove this one for 10 years until I wised up and realized you can own a comfortable, reliable, capable, efficient, modern Jeep instead of an ancient land barge lol.
FD2CD884-C3D8-4319-9609-D5F25E80F676.jpeg

Last edited:

NvPirate

Barney had 2 bullets
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
My 77 CJ 7 was very reliable. Came with an inline 6 232ci which it had over 130,000 on it before I put a 350 Chevy and turbo 400 in it. Regret selling every day.

IMG_0126.JPG

100_4741.jpg