• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Never owned a Ford before

Bob R

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
As much as I hate electric cars and their absolutely hideous (kitty cat) repellent designs. I gotta admit they go pretty fast.
For the short amount of time they before they need to stop and charge they can get to fast pretty quick. I was curious, from what I can find a Tesla might get 100 miles at sustained top speed. That kind of negates the fun of the whole thing. ;)

bob

Webley_1

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
For the short amount of time they before they need to stop and charge they can get to fast pretty quick. I was curious, from what I can find a Tesla might get 100 miles at sustained top speed. That kind of negates the fun of the whole thing. ;)

bob
But that’s the future! 😂

Coup d'etat

Forward assist bolt?
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
A friend of mine inherited a 2005 Cadillac XLR from her dad. Kinda cool, kinda weird. I'm starting to get used to the Cadillac accents on a Corvette type car.
The XLR is rare and somewhat collectable. Hang on to it.

STS Hunter

Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
The XLR is rare and somewhat collectable. Hang on to it.
She said they have reintroduced it. Not sure if that has any effect on the value of an old one. It has sentimental value, so I think she's gonna keep it and drive it more when things get settled.

Felid'Maximus

Beware of Cat
Forum Supporter
Not a truck, but my 2007 Ford Focus had 299500 miles on it before a drunk driver ran a red light and T-boned it. Only ever replaced the secondary air intake, the motor mounts, and the battery/tires/brakes/bulbs.

CORefugee

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
My father always bought Chrysler products after my younger sister was born in "57. All my own used cars were GM cars. When I bought new, Chrysler products were my first purchases.

Later, I had a Dodge Durango p/u and traded up to the full-size Ram because I need elbow room. Both 4WD trucks ate the front tires like Jujubes at the movies and the dealer said they're all like that. I then bought a Ford Windstar minivan. All my friends said I'd hate it. Wrong.

I traded it in for a Ford Explorer Sport. OMG, POS! Unloaded it to get a 4WD F-150 XLT in '07. Wonderful! Added a Banks exhaust and a K&N intake, fiddled with the computer, et voila, a great truck. Since then, I've had two Ford Escapes, one pedestrian Explorer and now, the amazing (to me) 2019 Explorer Sport. Turbos, street tires, sporty suspension, it's a joy to drive. It was bought with the thought that it would be our last car.

Before I die, I'd like a loaded Lincoln. Fat Chance. I still have nine months to go on that Explorer Sport (at 0% interest) and after FJB's economic ruination, my wishes are only Jack Daniel's fading dreams.

MP15Reloader

Forum Supporter
My father always bought Chrysler products after my younger sister was born in "57. All my own used cars were GM cars. When I bought new, Chrysler products were my first purchases.

Later, I had a Dodge Durango p/u and traded up to the full-size Ram because I need elbow room. Both 4WD trucks ate the front tires like Jujubes at the movies and the dealer said they're all like that. I then bought a Ford Windstar minivan. All my friends said I'd hate it. Wrong.

I traded it in for a Ford Explorer Sport. OMG, POS! Unloaded it to get a 4WD F-150 XLT in '07. Wonderful! Added a Banks exhaust and a K&N intake, fiddled with the computer, et voila, a great truck. Since then, I've had two Ford Escapes, one pedestrian Explorer and now, the amazing (to me) 2019 Explorer Sport. Turbos, street tires, sporty suspension, it's a joy to drive. It was bought with the thought that it would be our last car.

Before I die, I'd like a loaded Lincoln. Fat Chance. I still have nine months to go on that Explorer Sport (at 0% interest) and after FJB's economic ruination, my wishes are only Jack Daniel's fading dreams.
Have had a 2014 ram and now a 2022 ram.. both 4wd, not a single suspension issue. Only issues both (poop) exhaust manifold bolts before 20k miles, which is common.

Surprisingly knock on wood, no electrical issues but the 2022 when cold does sometimes have a rough shift from 1st to 2nd. Will be my last stellantis product, just due to the locked computer where owners can’t even pull codes. Since they already got me, pay it off in 19 months drive it to the ground and see what’s on the market when the time comes.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
[QUOTE="CORefugee, post: 1658663, member: 27736"

Before I die, I'd like a loaded Lincoln. Fat Chance. I still have nine months to go on that Explorer Sport (at 0% interest) and after FJB's economic ruination, my wishes are only Jack Daniel's fading dreams.[/QUOTE]

I bought a 2 year old Lincoln in 2018 with 30k miles on it. I really enjoyed the Navigator. When I went to get another 2 year old one in 2022, they were $60K+. So. No more Lincolns for me for a while... lol

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
[QUOTE="CORefugee, post: 1658663, member: 27736"

I bought a 2 year old Lincoln in 2018 with 30k miles on it. I really enjoyed the Navigator. When I went to get another 2 year old one in 2022, they were $60K+. So. No more Lincolns for me for a while... lol[/QUOTE]
So this is why I still haven't gotten that third AAA battery...boss man gotz Lincoln tastes and a Yugo budget.
Sigh, A.I. makes do again with insufficient power....

STS Hunter

Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I have a 2014 F150 with a 5.0 V8. Never paid much attention to the cooling system, but after my best attempt at flushing and filling, I have an intermittent leak somehow. I figured all the rubber and pump are 10 years old so I would just change it all at once.

Holy buckets, I have never seen so many hoses and connections. Two large diameter rad hoses, two medium diameter heater sized, two small diameters for the pressurized overflow reservoir, one large diameter T-shaped assembly, one external thermostat housing, one medium diameter four headed hydra that I think goes to an oil cooler, and another aluminum housing that mounts to the motor. Bought a water pump too. The only thing I didn't order was a steel manifold assembly that connects some of this stuff under the intake plumbing. If I got this from a dealer I'm probably looking at a grand just for parts!

I looked online for a flow diagram just for S&G, but no luck. It's no wonder that using the rad drain only got about half the coolant out. A couple gallons trapped in the labyrinth. I'm hoping that by changing everything at once I won't have to F with it again for another 10 years.

Harley

BANNED FOR LIFE+35 Because he dared me to do it!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
I'm hoping that by changing everything at once I won't have to F with it again for another 10 years.
Dont hold your breath. With the quality of parts these days you’ll be lucky if it makes it 2 years. 10 years is just wishful thinking.

Coup d'etat

Forward assist bolt?
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Watch the many YouTube videos regarding the Ford "Ecoboost" engine failures. From the little 3-cylinder all the way up to the Raptor twin-turbo V6.

STS Hunter

Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Dont hold your breath. With the quality of parts these days you’ll be lucky if it makes it 2 years. 10 years is just wishful thinking.
I hear ya. I went with all Gates parts from Rock Auto instead of Auto Zone's cheapest. Truck's been great so far, so I figure I can spend on parts what the other guy spends on one monthly payment.

STS Hunter

Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Hah. That probably works fine as long as the balance is close enough. It wasn't that long ago that my buddy relined brakes on big rigs in a small garage. Just different clothes and music.