2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Hello,
I am looking for some help with fox hunting. I am new to the Vegas GMRS set. However, I used to work various radio positions with some different agencies and NGO's in the past. I usually hang out on the 462.700 repeater and enjoy the people who talk on it. However, the intentional jamming has become more frequent and malicious, with recent directed jamming being transmitted over potential emergency traffic, and also directed jamming was done while people were paying their respects to one of the silent key members, Mario, who recently passed. I have worked the Amateur side of radio from Florida to Vegas, and this type of malevolent, spiteful activity was not allowed on any of the channels or frequencies for any reason. I am new to the GMRS side of things, but I am learning that the way to get this to stop is with fox hunting the people who are currently doing this. I have never fox hunted before......but enough is enough. I could sure use some help from experienced fox hunters.
Thank you,
Jim

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Jim, the ham clubs in Vegas should be able to help with this, and I filed a complaint with the FCC regarding this.

Golgo13

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
There used to be a guy in town that was surgical in his foxhunt ability. He even had a set of deployable receivers that would calculate the TDOA and through the use of single board computers could narrow down a signal in near real time. Wish he was still here. Although the last time I heard jamming in 700, it sounded like the perpetrators were mobile.

This level of pettiness is absolutely an embarrassment to the radio community. I have several pieces of hardware for foxhunting. If you need help, lmk a time and place.

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
One Alpha Hotel plays a recoding non stop of a wailing emergency vehicle siren, another uses a DTMF Mic buttons to play a tune, a third has what sounds like a 5 year old girl giggling and saying childish things.
They do it whenever Joe Nizzari is holding a net.