• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Feel Good Rescue in Death Valley Story

Bob R

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Good article Bob, thanks for posting it!

This happens more often than folks realize, the Nye County Emergency Communications Group here in Pahrump gets these radio calls for help from Death Valley all the time, there are repeaters here in the Pahrump Valley on the 2-meter, 70 CM and GMRS bands that can be worked from pretty much all of Death Valley.

My H1 HUMMER has gotten me into and out of a lot of spots over there to retrieve folks who got stuck, no cell service, no food, water, ran out of fuel, etc.
Some of our other members have rock crawler jeeps that have gotten the same workout.

HAM radio saves lives every day around the world.

And as I have said here before many times, I can provide the study materials free of charge to study for your Amateur Radio License ( all three classes if you want, Technician, General and Extra) and as a FCC volunteer examiner, I can administer the test (my team and I , I should say) which is also free, or I can point you to where you can take it (often for free, although some groups charge the standard $15 fee) pretty much anywhere in the USA.

Just send me a PM if you are interested.