• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Distance between antennas

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Looking to add a UHF (GMRS) base antenna to my rooftop fairly close to existing dual band (2m/70cm) base antenna. How close together can they be without causing interference?

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Keep them at least 1/4 wavelength (1/4 wavelength on the longest wavelength, the 2 meter one here) apart and you should be OK.................unless you're not! :devilish:o_O:ROFLMAO:

Harley

BANNED FOR LIFE+35 Because he dared me to do it!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Keep them at least 1/4 wavelength (1/4 wavelength on the longest wavelength, the 2 meter one here) apart and you should be OK.................unless you're not! :devilish:o_O:ROFLMAO:
That has got to be the shortest, most useless response I have ever seen you make since I've been here! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

NYECOGunsmith

Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
That has got to be the shortest, most useless response I have ever seen you make since I've been here! :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Keep it up Harley, and I will post the math on how to finger it out, in great detail, complete with schematics, Venn diagrams, pie charts, and a full bibliography, and you will end up eyes glazed, drooling and babbling before you are a tenth of the way through the post! o_O:devilish::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Harley

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
I was expecting no less!

F on presentation. :LOL:

NYECOGunsmith

Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Make up yer mind boy, you complain if I give all the details, you complain if I just give the answer without explaining how to get it..........................oh, now I get it, you're channeling my late wife! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
2ft should suffice, but I think I have enough room to go a full wave length.

Mucho thanko!

NYECOGunsmith

Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Here ya go Harley, here's the math behind the answer.....
1646712910149.png
1646712941249.png

That's the start of it, then you progress to
1646712975294.png

That will get you the 5th order harmonic, now you just have to reduce the variable "ph sin L-k cosL " by Riddecki's constant N times, where N is equal to the number of beers you have in the fridge, and ....Bob's yer uncle, there's the distance to separate the antennas.

Happy now? o_O:ROFLMAO:

Harley

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Here ya go Harley, here's the math behind the answer.....
View attachment 124770
View attachment 124771

That's the start of it, then you progress to
View attachment 124772

That will get you the 5th order harmonic, now you just have to reduce the variable "ph sin L-k cosL " by Riddecki's constant N times, where N is equal to the number of beers you have in the fridge, and ....Bob's yer uncle, there's the distance to separate the antennas.

Happy now? o_O:ROFLMAO:
Give us about 40 years and Bob and I will have that figured out!

NYECOGunsmith

Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Fastest way to get the answer is to bring some primo Meowi Wowi Catnip over and ask Attack Cat 2.0 for the answer, or ask Dyna.
Cats are hyper intelligent beings here studying us, this kind of math they learn in kittengarden.

NYECOGunsmith

Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I'm still working on the proper length of tin foil to wrap on my tv's rabbit ears to get good reception! (I'm sure Steve has an equation for that too! :ROFLMAO:)
Number of beers you plan to consume per hour while watching TV times 1.616, equals screen staying clear as you get blurry...or.....
For general viewing of non important stuff, 6 inches will do, but for important stuff you watch when the warden isn't home, like the Playboy channel, well, you need more inches! :devilish:o_O:ROFLMAO: