• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CHIRP File

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
You should be able to import repeaterbook and other databases straight from CHIRP.

In a few days if I get near a pc I can show you where via screen shot, but if you click around in CHIRP you'll find it.

Px4Shooter

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Agreed with above. The biggest issue I have is I want it in my order. Not theirs. I want my labels and my names which is easy to do in Chirp. If you have used any database program before, it is easy.

nikk

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
To find local frequencies to program into Chirp, after opening Chirp go to these tabs...
RADIO > QUERY DATA SOURCE > REPEATER BOOK > REPEATERBOOK PROXIMITY QUERY.

TIP: When programming your radio, be sure to Download from radio before Uploading the file that you just created to the radio.
I know this seems unintuitive, but the software has to know which radio you are programming. It has to know what slots are available.
Also, IIRC, make sure you have the file that you have created ( the frequencies that you want) OPEN (where you can see it) when you upload to radio.

nikk

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Oh, one more tip on Chirp. When you are programming the radio, the volume must be turned up because the data is transmitted by sound pulses.
If you have the volume too low, it will not work.