• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Need new A/T tires

Bob R

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Michelin LTX A/T. ride smooth , last forever.

bob

MAC702

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
I did BF Goodrich my whole life until I sprung for Michelins after a string of failures I had with some factory Firestones that came with a vehicle. I'm all Michelin from now on. Way worth the extra money in quality and lifespan.

MJW89519

American, 100% American.
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Seeing if anybody has somebody who hooks it up
If you are looking for a tire shop, I'd recommend Les Schwab. I've been using them since 1979. Good service, free flat fix, tire rotations, balance, etc. Pretty standard but it is one company that I have consistently used throughout my life--First in McCall, Idaho.

If you are putting the tires on a car that has or may reasonably have alignment repeated issues in the future, consider Firestone as they offer lifetime alignment. In that regards, Les Schwab is more normal, good for 30-90 days or something and when you get it first time, if no changes needed, no charge.

Harley

BANNED FOR LIFE+35 Because he dared me to do it!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
I wouldnt go near a Firestone if you payed me. They will try to sell you a bunch of $hit you don't need. I got trespassed from them because of it. Went in for an alignment and they tried telling me I needed over $2,500 worth of work and they couldn't do the alignment without it. I guess they didn’t like when I told the guy I should drag him out back and beat the hell out of him just on principle. 🤷‍♂️

elcajun

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
@ YG:

What size are you looking for? I may have set of near new Michelin LTX that was on my landcruiser before I changed out to BFGs KO2s…

VegasJen

I'm in the same boat as the OP. Need new shoes on the suburban. 90% of my driving is paved road/highway, but I do want a little off-road capable for when I go shooting or just playing in the dirt.
I like my Cooper's
But they're non standard for my ride
I've had really bad luck with Cooper. If they work for you, great. I'll never touch them again.

Glockster10

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Falken wildpeaks have been the best A/T tire I’ve used. Smooth, quiet, great in road and off road traction, great traction in wet and snow conditions. I couldn’t recommend them enough.

I'm in the same boat as the OP. Need new shoes on the suburban. 90% of my driving is paved road/highway, but I do want a little off-road capable for when I go shooting or just playing in the dirt.

I've had really bad luck with Cooper. If they work for you, great. I'll never touch them again.

Grumpyoldretiredcop

Grumpiness incarnate!
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I use Yokohama Geolandars on my Tahoe. Good mileage, good traction in dirt or snow, not too noisy on the street.

IlPadrino

Lurker (.22LR)
I've had two sets of wranglers on my Blazer for years and was always pleased. I just got a set of Toyo open country and I can't believe the difference. They are unbelievably quiet compared to the wranglers even with the aggressive thread design. The truck even handles better. I am totally sold on them. Great tires.

vegasdom

Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
My truck came with Michelin's AT tire. Not impressed at all. Replaced before 65k. Half the tread was gone around 30k. I like Coopers but don't know about their ATs. Wife has BFGs. Don't believe the hype.

Dr. Marneaus

Leave me alone.
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I fall into the BFG KO2 camp. Been happy with the last 4 sets I've owned even though they don't last as long as the old KO's did....much better winter traction tho. Got about 35k out of the most recent set. I hear the KO3 is coming soon tho?