• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Boat Repairs in Pahrump......ok how about Las Vegas???

Mikeee54

Proud Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Can anyone recommend someone who does boat repairs in Pahrump? Looking to get my mercruiser drive pulled bellows replaced and inspect/replace gumball bearing and service lower unit.

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Can anyone recommend someone who does boat repairs in Pahrump? Looking to get my mercruiser drive pulled bellows replaced and inspect/replace gumball bearing and service lower unit.
I doubt there is someone here that specializes in that. It's bad enough trying to find a reliable vehicle mechanic shop! :cautious:

Mikeee54

Proud Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Can anyone recommend someone who does boat repairs in Las Vegas or Henderson or??? Looking to get my mercruiser drive pulled bellows replaced and inspect/replace gumball bearing and service lower unit. Looks like I have to take it over the hill....

vroom_vroom

Well-known member (45 ACP)
It’s not that bad to diy. Did it on my last boat, most expensive part was buying the spline socket and alignment tool. Weekend project.
however busted knuckles will to it if you want to have someone come to you.

vroom_vroom

It’s not that bad to diy. Did it on my last boat, most expensive part was buying the spline socket and alignment tool. Weekend project.
What ever you do, change the lower shift cable at the same time!! All has to come out to replace it and they really kill a weekend when it checks out.

jeff

Member (9mm)
Having the exact same work done on my Volvo Penta outdrive this week. Taking mine to Aqua Marine in Henderson. Reviews online say they're good and place is always packed when I drive by

Mikeee54

Proud Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber

I have seriously considered doing it myself. Looking at installing/fighting the bellows was my concern. And I was planning on shift cable. Thanks for heads up. IL give busted knuckles a call and see what they say.

Mikeee54

Proud Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Having the exact same work done on my Volvo Penta outdrive this week. Taking mine to Aqua Marine in Henderson. Reviews online say they're good and place is always packed when I drive by
Please let me know how it goes...

vroom_vroom

I have seriously considered doing it myself. Looking at installing/fighting the bellows was my concern. And I was planning on shift cable. Thanks for heads up. IL give busted knuckles a call and see what they say.
a fle
It’s really not that bad. I would buy the bellows tool (it’s dirt cheap) just to assist with exhaust bellow. The one for the drive shaft is the one that matters and keeps water out of your boat and it’s the easiest one to get on there. Hang the bellows a few days before and let them stretch out a bit. You use the goop along with the clamps to seal them. Make sure you buy the mercruiser kit however. The Sierra and off brand ones are not as nice. I was very unimpressed with the gimble that came with it and got a different one. If you decide to go for it let me know if you have any questions.