• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Big Gun Enterprises.

They used to charge $25 PER gun, if you were doing more than one at the same time - when every other shop I've dealt with will allow up to THREE guns at the same time for the single $25 fee.

This was over 5 years ago so not sure what their current policy is - or if it even matters to you as you may be sure that you will only be doing a single transfer.

slickmv

Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
I dropped in the shop yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon and asked the OP's question specifically. It turns out, they offer the seller *either* option, and in all cases contact both the seller and the buyer upon receiving an answer on the buyer's background check. Regarding background checks for multiple firearm purchases, they have allowed (and even encouraged) me to put two firearms on a single check, for a single $25 fee in the recent past.

Glocksterpaulie

The Perfectionist
Forum Supporter
Was in yesterday morning and did a transfer. They said could be 3 days to a week. They only have a cell phone, one line to make the call in. Was in there at 10:15 yesterday.

I will let you guys know how long this takes.

Luxom

Obsessed Member
Did a transfer there a couple months back with another member. Took a couple days for the BGC but still took less time to come back than purchases at Sportsmans, or Bass Pro also made this year.
Bass Pro held my gun for an extra week. Sportsmans took 9 days just to begin with. YMMV

Glocksterpaulie

The Perfectionist
Forum Supporter
Did a transfer there a couple months back with another member. Took a couple days for the BGC but still took less time to come back than purchases at Sportsmans, or Bass Pro also made this year.
Bass Pro held my gun for an extra week. Sportsmans took 9 days just to begin with. YMMV
Holy (poop). Glad I don’t go to either one of those places lol.

Luxom

Obsessed Member
Holy (poop). Glad I don’t go to either one of those places lol.
My issue with BPS had to do with a "Delayed" background check. Legally they can release the firearm after 72 hours but corporate policy is to hold it until a confirm comes back. I assume its a liability thing because they dont want anybody getting a gun that shouldnt have one. The problem i have with this is it demonsterably did nothing to stop me from posessing a firearm as was evident by my obvious open carry every time i was in the store.
I understand WHY they do it, but i dont like the practice and such will not be purchasing firearms through Cabelas/BPS in the future.

Trsixy

Couple months ago I bought a cheap handgun at sportsman's. Filled out paperwork. He went in back room for 10 minutes. Done and out the door with purchase.

Luxom

Obsessed Member
Couple months ago I bought a cheap handgun at sportsman's. Filled out paperwork. He went in back room for 10 minutes. Done and out the door with purchase.
I was at the Henderson location. I seem to have problems any time customer service people are involved. Things generally dont work out in my favor or people just outright take me the wrong way. I must be autistic or something. The guy tried to skip my number in line and then got mad i didnt let him skip me, started yelling "you seem kind of mad bro. I dont have to sell you the gun." and even threatened to cancel the entire sale. I kept insisting "i just didnt like that you tried to skip me. Im just here to pickup what ive already paid for. Why are you yelling right now??".
He was relieved by another sales rep that thankfully helped me complete my pickup process, but again they lost my business over that.

Glocksterpaulie

The Perfectionist
Forum Supporter
I was at the Henderson location. I seem to have problems any time customer service people are involved. Things generally dont work out in my favor or people just outright take me the wrong way. I must be autistic or something. The guy tried to skip my number in line and then got mad i didnt let him skip me, started yelling "you seem kind of mad bro. I dont have to sell you the gun." and even threatened to cancel the entire sale. I kept insisting "i just didnt like that you tried to skip me. Im just here to pickup what ive already paid for. Why are you yelling right now??".
He was relieved by another sales rep that thankfully helped me complete my pickup process, but again they lost my business over that.
Yeah that is un called for. They lost my business years ago by having a clueless person help me who thought he knew everything. Even told him I knew the product very well I was asking about. He said I work here so I think I know it better than you. Said ok genius lets see. Made him look like a complete idiot without even trying. I said can you now get me someone who knows what the hell they are talking about.

Don’t be willing to play the game if you can’t keep up.

garand_guy

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Yeah that is un called for. They lost my business years ago by having a clueless person help me who thought he knew everything. Even told him I knew the product very well I was asking about. He said I work here so I think I know it better than you. Said ok genius lets see. Made him look like a complete idiot without even trying. I said can you now get me someone who knows what the hell they are talking about.

Don’t be willing to play the game if you can’t keep up.
Had a manager who didn't like my handwriting. Kept having the clerk come out to tell me. Probably shoulda walked out but the gun was on sale and I'd already filled out the 4473 so why waste my time at that point? Never again.

flyer338

NRA Patriot Life Member Benefactor
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
There is not a gun at any price that I want badly enough to put up with this hooha. I am amazed that so many are willing, and perhaps that is our collective weakness.

doz

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
There is not a gun at any price that I want badly enough to put up with this hooha. I am amazed that so many are willing, and perhaps that is our collective weakness.
I’ll admit. I did one time and won’t do it again (and haven’t since then). The deal saved me 40% and the seller paid the bcc.

There are still a few good folks around these parts though.