• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WTB- Backup camera system for Ford Transit Connect

RadTrashMan

Radiation Wrangler
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
We are in need of a Backup camera system and installation for my son’s 2013 Ford Transit Connect.
Would prefer rear view mirror (vice stand alone) monitor.
Las Vegas

Just an Average Joe

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Highly recommend this place:

https://goo.gl/maps/acWAGrRQV8mKqxQS8

They know their stuff when it comes to installs.

Also one of the few shops that doesn't mind at all if you buy your electronics online and just bring them in to do the install work. Prices are very reasonable for install work also, IMO. (if you have any experience doing your own installs you will understand what a hassle and how time consuming it is to do yourself).

If you want to go this route, spend some time today shopping Amazon, and another favorite of mine Sonic Electronix, to find what you need hardware wise. Crutchfield has a good website also but their prices sometimes are not as competitive as the others.

Make sure you do your homework before purchasing, and buy something that is compatible with your vehicle. I've seen the mirror monitor systems, and at least for me, the screen was so dang small it made it hard to see - although still better than nothing. Maybe you can find a Ford forum and find out if you can simply get a camera and wire it into any view screen already on the vehicle? (not even sure if your van has one - just spitballing).

RadTrashMan

Radiation Wrangler
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
This is why I am a member of this forum. If I need a left hand screwdriver soaked in elbow grease, someone here would know where to find it.

Thanks Average Joe!

vegasplinker

I don't dial 911
If you want to do it yourself. Check out crutchfield. I did a back up camera system on my 2001 CRV for less than 120.00 and the tech assistance was just a phone call away.