• URGENT! Help STOP the UNCONSTITUTIONAL Red Flag Law AB291!
    CLICK HERE for details!

Wilson Combat magazine issues

tdyoung58

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Bought some 10 round WC magazines.

Having a problem with the slide lock releasing. Only one of my 5 1911's will release the slide and I have to pull back on the slide to release the tension on that one.

Loaded or empty magazine, same issue. All three have the same problem.

Never a problem with my WC 7/8 round magazines.

Help ???

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Commercial Sponsor
Forum Supporter
I've had at least 5 of those Wilson 10-rd magazines, assuming you are talking about the extended ones for a .45 ACP. They all worked fine in a Colt 1911 Combat Elite I had at that time.

Are you saying you are putting in a loaded magazine but having trouble dropping the slide to load it? Or are you trying to override the follower and drop the slide while the empty magazine is in the gun? I don't see how loaded and empty magazines can have the same cause even if the same problem. But everything is possible; I'm just trying to visualize what you are experiencing.

tdyoung58

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I tried it first with empty magazines, even pulling the slide back a bit to release the tension on the slide stop I couldn't get the slide stop to move down.
I tried it then with loaded magazines ( snap caps ) I was barely able to get the slide stop down enough to go into battery.
Out of my 5 1911's only one (Sig Sauer) was I able to get it into battery with a empty magazine. I was able to on the other 4 with a loaded magazine, but only if I pulled the slide back to release tension. I couldn't just push the slide stop down like I can with the 7/8 round magazines I have.

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
That is odd.... I've got 10 or 12 of the Wilson Combat 8 rounders (ETMs, I think, the ones with 500 in the part number), and they have become my favorite magazines. Single stack major limits you to 8 round magazines... Your issue is a baffler without looking at it, let us know what you finally figure out...Wish I could help!

tdyoung58

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
That is odd.... I've got 10 or 12 of the Wilson Combat 8 rounders (ETMs, I think, the ones with 500 in the part number), and they have become my favorite magazines. Single stack major limits you to 8 round magazines... Your issue is a baffler without looking at it, let us know what you finally figure out...Wish I could help!
I have about 20 7/8 round WC magazines, no problem with any of them, only these 10 round ones, all three. Baffled, thinking it's maybe just stiffer springs.
Gonna try loading them and unloading them the next day for a couple weeks, should help, hopefully

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I just had a problem with a WC mag for a 9mm 1911. Mag fully inserted, the slide wouldn't go fully forward.

Hit the release button, and the slide went into battery. Tried different guns, same symptom.

So I filed the top rear corners of the mag just slightly and problem solved.

Last edited: