• Welcome to Nevada Shooters!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, buy and sell with in our popular Trading Post and more! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
  • Attention mobile users! The Tapatalk integration is down until further notice. For the full mobile experience, please simply use your web browser on your mobile device to view the forum. Thank you!

What kind of arrows do you shoot?

JR3

living in Henderson NV
I'm just starting to get back into target archery.

When I shot a compound I used store bought aluminum Easton XX75 2117 Game Getter arrows. Plastic vanes. 100 gr field points

Still have some arrows. I'll start with them with my 33# recurve.

Dusty

Obsessed Member
I just buy the cheapest carbon arrows on the shelf at bass pro. I have had great luck for Me and my Kids. Plastic fletching. I just buy the arrow that matches my draw length and pull. The diagram on the back of the box helps, or just ask someone behind the counter. They will trim and glue them for You. Or I go to Impact Archery, on Dean Marten. Local Mom and Pop type shop.

icode

Obsessed Member
I've got some Beman carbon arrows and they have (what looks like) 2" vanes. I've seen other arrows with longer vanes, up to 5" I think. Is there a benefit to the bigger/longer vanes?

Dusty

Obsessed Member
I think it's preference, but not positive. I have 2 in fletching on my arrows. I shot good groups. Sorry I can't be of more help to you.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk