• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Well ...just because

Poena238

Peanut Butter
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
Not when you try to trade it in or resell the pig. German cars have terrible residual value for a reason. They are junk.
When I purchase an item, it's purchased with my intention in mind, not the next person. Just like my women, I'm going to use the fukk out of her and keep her, or not give a fukk about what happens to her when she's gone..

tbirdsc

not so n00b
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I think no matter what vehicle you buy today due to the over abundance of electronics and useless do-dads, you take your chances so you might as well get what ever floats your boat. Hence, the reason why we are getting phones calls at 2am about an extended warranty.:)
You would think there would be a market for a vehicle with the only computer on board is to control the FI and have only the following options - AC, Power Steering, Power Brakes and Power Windows.

I think no matter what vehicle you buy today due to the over abundance of electronics and useless do-dads, you take your chances so you might as well get what ever floats your boat. Hence, the reason why we are getting phones calls at 2am about an extended warranty.:)
You would think there would be a market for a vehicle with the only computer on board is to control the FI and have only the following options - AC, Power Steering, Power Brakes and Power Windows.
Thats a kit car.

Bumper

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
If you only plan to own the vehicle for 5 years. I’m on year 7 with my Volvo.
Yeah, but I wouldn't buy a car named after a female body part! :)

Speaking of which . . . is *anybody* buying new cars in this nutso market? Friend wanted to look a Ford Bronco. They had 2 on the lot. Dealer markup was $26K. Pay that and you reserve the vehicle but have to wait almost a year to pick it up and pay balance, as they want to keep it on the lot to show.

bullseyeman

Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Yeah, but I wouldn't buy a car named after a female body part! :)

Speaking of which . . . is *anybody* buying new cars in this nutso market? Friend wanted to look a Ford Bronco. They had 2 on the lot. Dealer markup was $26K. Pay that and you reserve the vehicle but have to wait almost a year to pick it up and pay balance, as they want to keep it on the lot to show.
Or you can buy a MB AMG G63 for $295,000! $125k over msrp!

tbirdsc

not so n00b
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
When a buddy of mine went shopping for a F150 Raptor, all the dealers in So. Cal had a dealer markup of 10K on them, but they were not being marked up in Phoenix, so for a 700 mile round trip, he saved 10K.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
, but they were not being marked up in Phoenix, so for a 700 mile round trip, he saved 10K.
Yep, I've flown out of state a few times to pick up a new vehicle. And had one trailered in once. Save $5k-$10k for a road trip or a relative small fee to truck it in.

Kinoons

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Yep, I've flown out of state a few times to pick up a new vehicle. And had one trailered in once. Save $5k-$10k for a road trip or a relative small fee to truck it in.
Also what I did for my Volvo. None in LV, several in So Cal. Played two dealers off one another to talk the price down 10k and had it trailered in to LV for me.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
There are dealers that gladly sell for less than MSRP if you "build" the vehicle online and have it delivered....Then you go get it or have it shipped.

tbirdsc

not so n00b
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Don’t get me started. My computer at work now prompts for a pregnancy test when a male identifies as female…
Do you make them get an ultra sound? I'd pay to watch that.:ROFLMAO:

Dr. Marneaus

Leave me alone.
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Okay so what even is it? Some kinda Audi but besides that?