• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The Official Motorcycle Thread!

DonTom

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
My RV is at my Auburn, CA home, but I have five motorcycles here in Reno to show off. I own a total of nine, but the other four are at my two other houses.

Just a couple of days ago, I added a 2017 Harley Road Glide Ultra to my collection, as I decided "8 is enough" EXCEPT when it comes to motorcycles.

The nine motorcycles I own are (and I am the original owner of them all):

1971 Black BMW R75/5
1984 Red Yamaha Venture
2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Orange/Black Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio
2017 Orange/Black Zero DS ZF 6.5(electric bike for around town in Reno).
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13.0 with Power Tank (Electric for use around Auburn).
2017 Gold/Blk Harley FLTRU-Road Glide Ultra.

Four others I will have to take photos of later.

The five in my garage here are:

1984 Red Yamaha Venture
2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Orange/Black Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Orange/Black Zero DS ZF 6.5
2017 Gold/Blk Harley FLTRU-Road Glide Ultra.

What bikes do you guys ride?

-Don- Reno, NV

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Nuff said! :D

softail.jpg

Last edited:

DonTom

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Nuff said! :smile5:
It will be E-Nuff when you say what year the bike is and what engine it has. About all I can tell is that it is a Harley.

BTW, I just added a photo to my post to show the two blocked bikes a little better.

I just got back (less than an hour ago) from a ~300 mile ride on the Harley. First went to Lake Topaz and then towards Yerington and then started to head back. The new redesigned large frame sure is nice. A Harley that does NOT ride like a Harley. Very comfy, no vibrations, I discovered on it I can get sleepy but not tired in any other way. The new large frame (2017 & 2018) with the Milwaukee-Eight 107 CI (1753.4 CC) engine.

-Don- Reno

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
It will be E-Nuff when you say what year the bike is and what engine it has. About all I can tell is that it is a Harley.
'95 Harley Softail clone, Canadian made frame, 80 spoke wheels.

87", S&S internals, Delkron cases, Edelbrock heads, S&S 'E' carb.

Custom paint by Darrell Pinney at Xcaliber.

Last edited:

DonTom

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
'95 Harley Softail clone, Canadian made frame, 80 spoke wheels.

87 c.i. - S&S internals, Delkron cases, Edelbrock heads, S&S 'E' carb.

Custom paint by Darrell Pinney.
Obviously, it's a lot more than the paint that is custom on that bike. Looks like the entire bike is custom everything.

-Don- Reno

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Obviously, it's a lot more than the paint that is custom on that bike. Looks like the entire bike is custom everything.

-Don- Reno
Yeah, chrome and billet everywhere! :)

Last edited:

DonTom

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Yeah, chrome and billet everywhere! :smile5
Looks nice, but I am more into touring, even if day tours like I did yesterday.

Besides, I always tell people do you want to look at your bike or ride it? I like to ride. I do care a little about the looks, but things such as getting from point A to point C is more important to me (the only gas station at point B was closed for maintenance). IOW, I want around a 300 mile range on the stock fuel tank. Another requirement I have is if the bike has a fairing, it must be frame mounted.

For E-bikes, they are allowed to break all my rules as they are for around town only. Such as getting here from my other Reno house, about 18 miles away.

I just rode my electric bike up here to my other house NW of Reno.

I know these photos are lousy as I should take the photos one at a time after the bikes are out of the garage. But I can do that later.

Here are two more of my bikes. My 1971 BMW R75/5 and my 2002 Suzuki DR200SE.

I have two more bikes to show off when I get to Auburn, some time next week.

I know many others here ride, how come nobody else here are showing off their bikes?

-Don- Cold Springs Valley, NV

Here’s mine... 1978 Shovelhead. Bought it new in 1978, of course it didn’t look like this back then. I don’t ride it anymore and may have to part with it this year. :cryblow:

DonTom

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Here’s mine... 1978 Shovelhead. Bought it new in 1978, of course it didn’t look like this back then. I don’t ride it anymore and may have to part with it this year. :cryblow:
How come you no longer ride it? It sure looks like something special. Good job!

-Don- Reno

DonTom

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I took my new 2017 Road Glide Ultra for a 160 mile ride today, so here is a better photo of me with it (Taken at Pyramid Lake):

The bike almost looks as good as I do!

-Don- Reno

Dusty

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Looks good Don, so do You.

How come you no longer ride it? It sure looks like something special. Good job!

-Don- Reno
Because I bought my childhood dream, a Porsche. That’s my ride now.

I used to build and ride motorcycles all the time. I rode it a few times when I moved to Vegas and found it too hot, especially at traffic lights. I figured it was time to move on.

DonTom

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Because I bought my childhood dream, a Porsche. That’s my ride now.
They advertise my electric bike (Zero SR with power tank) that I keep at my Auburn, CA house as "quick enough to out-accelerate a Porsche 911" (whatever that means). This bike will do 0-60MPH in 3.0 seconds.

I am not picky about "cages", only bikes. Most of my cars are old and junky. I always keep my vehicles until they are not worth fixing and then I just give them away.

I used to build and ride motorcycles all the time. I rode it a few times when I moved to Vegas and found it too hot, especially at traffic lights. I figured it was time to move on.
In LV, the riding season is winter! Here in Reno, we can pretty much ride all year, except for the few snowy days and a few summer days here that are about as hot as LV.

-Don- Reno

DonTom

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
My '02 Dyna Low Rider that I frequently ride, 51k miles on her. I'm also a car guy. I own a 2003 Corvette 50th anniversary edition convertible 6mt.
Not seeing anything there.

BTW, since PhotoBucket has become a big rip-off, I have been using CubeUpload, which is very easy to use.

-Don- Reno

glennc

American Patriot
My '02 Dyna Low Rider with 51k miles. I ride as often as I can, but not a long hauler or I'd get a larger bike for that. Started riding in '63 , on & off since then. Also a car guy all my life, mostly performance cars that are well taken care of just like my Harley.

Thanx Don for the link.

Last edited:

DonTom

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
My '02 Dyna Low Rider with 51k miles. I ride as often as I can, but not a long hauler or I'd get a larger bike for that.Started riding in '63 , on & off since then. Also a car guy all my life, mostly performance cars that are well taken care of just like my Harley.

Thanx Don for the link.
I see it didn't take you long to figure out CubeUpload. Bike looks great!

I couldn't care less about my cars. I am a lot more into bikes. I only care if the cars run, the rest doesn't matter to me.

Perhaps because I started with motorcycles long before I owned a car. I was motorcycle only for many years, even in the rain.

-Don- Reno