The CCW waiting game...

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
Is it true that you dont need to go FBI building downtown, and you can just turn in papers fingerprint all that in sub stations? I had that did his ccw that way.
Neither. It must be done at county sheriff's main office, though some counties may have an alternate location designated for it. It has nothing to do with FBI or local police.

pick_six

Adjusting to the west!
Forum Supporter
Didn’t you do a report a couple years ago almost justifying the delays from metro? On that the same forum linked here?

That said, when I got my PA license, it took under 5 minutes for approval. In person.

The guy making the picture Id took about 20 minutes to do the pictures AFTER approval, cut and laminate them for the folks who were approved.

***edit: pedantic point WAIT vs weight

You're all gonna love this answer. Sorry for the blog redirect, to lazy to repost it all here.

How Long Does it REALLY take Metro to Issue a CCW?

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
I agree most of the wait, is just that: wait. I can certify for LEOSA, but I don't know what different paths it takes up and down the chain once it gets submitted. It's interesting to note that it's an annual process, not the 5-year we get for CCW.

Didn’t you do a report a couple years ago almost justifying the delays from metro? On that the same forum linked here?
I was offering their excuses. Each step in the process takes as long as it takes (minutes), but each step goes to the bottom of the stack. I think Metro's valid excuses only work when they're sending for more info from Esmeralda-type counties where cell phones are still regarded as magic and the Internet unfathomable.

Clark County
Applied August 20th 2018
Issued November 7th 2018
Post marked November 9th 2018
Received November 30th 2018
79 days from application date until issue date but for some reason took 3 weeks to get it in the mail from the postmark of the 9th to the 30th when I finally received it.

Last edited:

Gullwing

1911 pistolsmith
Staff member

That said, when I got my PA license, it took under 5 minutes for approval. In person.

The guy making the picture Id took about 20 minutes to do the pictures AFTER approval, cut and laminate them for the folks who were approved.

***edit: pedantic point WAIT vs weight
I know there was an old cop that basically came across as we were all idiots for complaining it took 90 days because only one little old lady did processing.