Springfield Armory Saint Edge

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
I’m contemplating the purchase of a Springfield Armory Saint Edge, I’ve never owned a AR-15, and never really wanted one, but the more politicians I hear saying I shouldn’t have one, the more I think I need at least one.

It would be used for target practice, varmint hunting, maybe 3-gun competition, and possibly a home defense weapon. I like the fact, that they have a reputation for being light and accurate. I’m currently a pistol competitor (USPSA) and 3-gun holds some interest for me.

So, My question is, in this price range ($1,1000), What else should I be looking at? and why?

Thanks for any advice!

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
https://www.springfield-armory.com/products/saint-edge-ar15-5-56#ca-prop-65-content

A good varmint hunting gun/target gun and a good three-gun are two different things..triggers and all.
This one has a trigger more suited to three-gun and home defense. A really good two-stage is best for hunt/target.

I've managed to avoid a full blown biting by the AR bug, so I only own three. A long barrelled hunting 15, a defense carbine and a hunting 10.

Last edited:

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
yeah, I went ahead and bought the Saint Edge, and am very pleased with it! Nice single stage trigger, with a very short reset. Maybe not quite as light as I'd like, but very crisp. It shoots great, no issues of any kind, and so far 100% with my reloaded ammo.