Spanish springs hunting Yotes

I finally got out and took my first trip to try and find Yotes. We see them all around the homes but when I go out in the hills they are no where to be found. Im guessing because they are hanging close to the homes for easy meals. Saw a ton of Antelope though lol.

Any advice for a newb? Went out twice yesterday and saw notta. People keep telling me to go out by the lake but I thought that was all tribal land?

Things to know.

First thing, *All* of Palomino Valley is privately owned land.
There is nowhere there you can go without trespassing.
Period.

Next, don't plan on shooting on the reservation.
At all.
Ever.

That leaves BLM land.
Make sure you know where it is and where it ends.
Don't plan on trespassing on private land in order to get there.
Ever.

Where do you live?

Im near the softball complex. No I havent trespassed and Ive only used BLM.
Yeah the guy at Sportsmans told me out by the lake but I know thats all Tribal so thats why I asked.

nvsteve

Very Active Member
I finally got out and took my first trip to try and find Yotes. We see them all around the homes but when I go out in the hills they are no where to be found. Im guessing because they are hanging close to the homes for easy meals. Saw a ton of Antelope though lol.

Any advice for a newb? Went out twice yesterday and saw notta. People keep telling me to go out by the lake but I thought that was all tribal land?
I live in Wingfield not far from the ball field. A couple weeks ago we saw a family of nine coming off the golf course and casually strolling
thru the neighborhood.
Do you post on Nextdoor Neighbor? The story about the antelope sounds familiar.

I live in Wingfield not far from the ball field. A couple weeks ago we saw a family of nine coming off the golf course and casually strolling
thru the neighborhood.
Do you post on Nextdoor Neighbor? The story about the antelope sounds familiar.
Yup I do. Like that app for seeing whats going on in the neighborhood.
Yeah I think the Yotes back there are hanging in closer to the homes.