• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sloan shooting spots

^^^^^ THIS!!! It is across from the cell tower on 15!! Hence SLOAN! The trashy area. The lite weight pit is the old hub cap spot. All of Roach's post is correct.

BW

Ronsmag

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
So where I was going was the hubcap spot I just heard someone say they were the same place so I just thought that was the Sloan shooting spot but I never have seen those signs about shooting and littering so I was wrong sorry I was misinformed

4x4Brit

Worktruck Driver
might take a run out there and look around and see if I want to shoot there have new loads for my 338 want to check out
If you look at the map, you will see a long strip pointing roughly south (kinda SSE) down past the lakebed. This is the area used for the Mint 400 pits. You can get around 1100 there if you back up close to the trail and some dude isn’t at the berm shooting his hipoint into the dirt. As you go down the Blvd close to that area, you will see a passage under the rail track to access it. Good spot for your 338. Earlier is probably better. Although it’s a bit further down, the interesting folk still find it.

If you look at the map, you will see a long strip pointing roughly south East down past the lakebed. This is the area used for the Mint 400 pits. You can get around 1100 there if you back up close to the trail and some dude isn’t at the berm shooting his hipoint into the dirt. As you go down the Blvd close to that area, you will see a passage under the rail track to access it. Good spot for your 338. Earlier is probably better. Although it’s a bit further down, the interesting folk still find it.
thanks 4x4brit if it checks out ok will bring my 338 and 12.7

Thanks for your help guys. I appreciate it. Went to Sloan this morning. Thought we were getting there early at 730AM. Probably already close to 30 cars there. Next time I’ll go further down the blvd to the old hub cap spot and see if that’s a little more calm

Anyone know of any areas out by Boulder City? Moved across town and figured there must be something out this way similar to hubcap (less dangerous than Sloan).

Aswild

Ez come ez go
Been shooting there for 10 years first time I went was with TopHog I invited me to the Nevada Shooters Thanksgiving Shoot was the most incredible thing I have ever seen guns as far as the eye could see every and any kind of gun you can imagine my introduction to Nevada Shooters
Yep that was good times

Ronsmag

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I was bummed when they had to stop doing the Thanksgiving Shoot everyone was so cool you could shoot anything you wanted if you paid for the ammo I didn't bring nearly enough cash I could have spent thousands

just so we’re clear that’s Jean lol. It’s referred to as the long range spot. Facing it left side it 1100 from road to berm. The middle is around 1200
if that is the best around I normally shoot at 1500 meters to 2500 meters I do believe I have loads for 1200 yards

There’s a spot out there that’ll go to a mile, but it’s kinda sketchy and the wind coming off the hills creates every changing, never constant wind. Best bet is going down LV blvd S, past Sloan do right under the train tracks and explore out that way.

There’s a spot out there that’ll go to a mile, but it’s kinda sketchy and the wind coming off the hills creates every changing, never constant wind. Best bet is going down LV blvd S, past Sloan do right under the train tracks and explore out that way.
ok thanks will diddy bop out there Monday to check out

BlackDog7

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
It'll be my first time to visit this area - sounds really interesting.
If anyone wants to get together and explore it and shoot - please PM me.