Silencerco BOGO

Roach

#operator
So about 7 months ago I took advantage of the BOGO promo and ordered an 30 cal can and I'm supposed to get the octane 9 for free. Initially the ads stated that it would be four months before the free cans shipped. I was curious so I just called to see if they were any closer to getting those out. They claim that they cannot manufacture anything while the government is shut down so there has been no progress. They say the ATF does not answer the phones or respond to email so they still cannot manufacture.

Not that I don't believe them but they seem like a $hitty company with a good product, so who knows. Is this true?

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I'm waiting for two BOGO cans myself. And my two purchased cans are still watching each other's backs in suppressor jail.

I only have anecdotal experience with SiCo from a CS standpoint. Had a friend blow out the end cap of his Hybrid (wrong end cap for caliber) damaging it pretty good. They repaired it no questions.

The couldn't ship any to dealers during the shutdown because the ATF was not processing Form 3 (the transfer from maker to dealer) they could make them, and were allegedly according to their last statement they posted.

--------------
We are currently working on manufacturing these suppressors. We do have over 11,000 registrations to go through so it will take us longer than expected. However, I can confirm your registration and everything looks good. You are good to go on your end. We have started to ship these back in October and plan to continue shipping these out through the next couple months once the government shut down is over. The ATF is not currently processing forms. At this time we are unable to send cans out to dealers. However, once this ends, they will be shipping out in much larger batches.
----------------

So 11,000 to make and ship, yikes I guess that was a popular promo!

Roach

#operator
I was trying to clarify manufacturing with the rep as we both know they couldn't ship, but the rep told me they couldn't even manufacture so who knows. Initially they indicated they had 15k suppressors on the BOGO deal. I don't think it was their first promo of that nature. Even if it was it's their JOB to better forecast the demand.

I'm sure I'll get the free can at some point in 2020 and I know for a fact there will be more cans acquired. I'm pretty confident that none will be through Silencerco. I find their tactics highly misleading and that's not the type of company I willingly support.

The couldn't ship any to dealers during the shutdown because the ATF was not processing Form 3 (the transfer from maker to dealer) they could make them, and were allegedly according to their last statement they posted.

--------------
We are currently working on manufacturing these suppressors. We do have over 11,000 registrations to go through so it will take us longer than expected. However, I can confirm your registration and everything looks good. You are good to go on your end. We have started to ship these back in October and plan to continue shipping these out through the next couple months once the government shut down is over. The ATF is not currently processing forms. At this time we are unable to send cans out to dealers. However, once this ends, they will be shipping out in much larger batches.
----------------

So 11,000 to make and ship, yikes I guess that was a popular promo!

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Just got an 'update' email (2 actually, one per freebie I guess) from SiCo this morning.

Summary is 'Sorry, we failed. You'll have your can by June 29, 2019'. If you've got a free can coming, you should be getting the email I'd guess.

Just got an 'update' email (2 actually, one per freebie I guess) from SiCo this morning.

Summary is 'Sorry, we failed. You'll have your can by June 29, 2019'. If you've got a free can coming, you should be getting the email I'd guess.
lol a year to get the "free" can transferred and another who knows how long to get the form 4 through.

Last edited:

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Date is rapidly getting closer and no word on my two BOGOs.

And my two 'BO' cans are still in jail.

Le sigh.

42tula

uber Member
At this point, I’d rather take a store credit from SiCo and get items I’ll need for my cans I purchased (ASR flash hiders, muzzle brakes, end caps, covers, pouches, etc.). I don’t think I’ll be shopping with SiCo ever again and am going to try my hand at a form 1 pistol can next month.

Did they at least give you guys form 4's on the free cans so when they are made they will already be approved? Not sure if that is legal or not, think once the form 3 is filled out it needs to ship but not sure if they could cut a deal with ATF or not.

I wonder if it was a a case of not having the capital to fill the free orders? Or if they just don't care?

Did they at least give you guys form 4's on the free cans so when they are made they will already be approved? Not sure if that is legal or not, think once the form 3 is filled out it needs to ship but not sure if they could cut a deal with ATF or not.

I wonder if it was a a case of not having the capital to fill the free orders? Or if they just don't care?
They weren't made, probably still aren't. They can't transfer without the actual can or start any paperwork without a serial number.

42tula

uber Member
They weren't made, probably still aren't. They can't transfer without the actual can or start any paperwork without a serial number.
And not like they can’t be forward thinkers and scribble down some SN for the cans they’re going to make..

And not like they can’t be forward thinkers and scribble down some SN for the cans they’re going to make..
it would be great if everyone got together and sued in a class action. False advertising, deceptive business practices and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of at the time. Everyone that purchased a can under false pretenses basically kept the company afloat. SiCo is scum IMO.

I have a saker and a sparrow getting close to 300 days, was hoping I'd have them by now but I guess I gotta wait more. With the campaign claims during the last election I went and ordered a few more. Not SiCo though, YHM and another Rugged. At this point I don't care if the free can ever shows up, I'm never going to spend another dime on SiCo products.

One SiCo from the BOGO was just approved, 310 days. Hopefully the other one is just a few days away. Still nothing on the free can. Emails to customer service have gone unanswered.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Good to hear, DD. I right around that same time with mine. 311 and 309 if I remember the dates correctly.

42tula

uber Member
Looks like we all did it around the same time. Hopefully that’s good news for all. Next week will make 11 months for me.
Good lord. That means I have a month and a half to go...I just don’t not understand why this takes so long. I had two form ones come back while these were pending. Aren’t they supposed to do “batch approvals”?