• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Show Off your Classic or Performance Car

Pandanin

The Kilted One
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW?
Porcupine has pricks on the outside.

For some silly reason I traded off the C7 vette and bought this one.
It does get a lot more attention than the C7 ever did. To be honest, I was bored with the vette.
In 2 years I intend to get a C8. Let's see if the prices come down a wee bit first.

Luxom

Well-known member (45 ACP)
What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW?
Porcupine has pricks on the outside.

For some silly reason I traded off the C7 vette and bought this one.
It does get a lot more attention than the C7 ever did. To be honest, I was bored with the vette.
In 2 years I intend to get a C8. Let's see if the prices come down a wee bit first.

Whatever that is looks so far out of my price bracket i have no idea what it is. Cool though. Kind of reminds me of the kitted out Rx7 Han drove in Tokyo Drift but i think thats the color combo doing it. I like black and orange though. Chap was halloween highschool colored.

Pandanin

The Kilted One
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
It's a BMW i8, the real color is white/black/electric blue. It's wrapped because I didn't like it in white.

It has a 3-cylinder turbo driving the rear wheels through a 6-speed transmission and an electric engine driving the front wheels through a 2-speed transmission. It's a plug-in hybrid that charges the battery from the gas engine when needed. Funny thing is, it has 4 seats. Like a 911, the back seats are useless. Not super high performance, 362 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque. It has a 10 gallon gas tank and I go from Vegas to Bakersfield on 1 tank of gas, then Bakersfield to Sacramento with a little left in the tank.

Ronsmag

Dam I got old fast !!
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2023 Supporter
My best friend has an CL450. His is done up as an dual-sport with a cut and raised front fender, knobbies, high-pipes etc. Another buddy with one with a full touring setup. These bikes must have been customized a lot :)
My best friend has an CL450. His is done up as an dual-sport with a cut and raised front fender, knobbies, high-pipes etc. Another buddy with one with a full touring setup. These bikes must have been customized a lot :)
My first bike was a 750 - 4 k 1972 I got it in 75 a doctor did the customs
100_0070.jpg

Ricci

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
It's a BMW i8, the real color is white/black/electric blue. It's wrapped because I didn't like it in white.

It has a 3-cylinder turbo driving the rear wheels through a 6-speed transmission and an electric engine driving the front wheels through a 2-speed transmission. It's a plug-in hybrid that charges the battery from the gas engine when needed. Funny thing is, it has 4 seats. Like a 911, the back seats are useless. Not super high performance, 362 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque. It has a 10 gallon gas tank and I go from Vegas to Bakersfield on 1 tank of gas, then Bakersfield to Sacramento with a little left in the tank.
Nice. That solves a mystery as my wife and I saw one yesterday and had no clue. Only caught the BMW badge as it passed by us on our walk. And it was white lol.

Bonez

Well-known member (45 ACP)
the real color is white/black/electric blue. It's wrapped because I didn't like it in white.
I like the color scheme you picked it looks good with the lines and accents of the i8 - can you provide more details about the wrap; who did it, how long has it been on the vehicle and any issues with it?

Pandanin

The Kilted One
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I like the color scheme you picked it looks good with the lines and accents of the i8 - can you provide more details about the wrap; who did it, how long has it been on the vehicle and any issues with it?
I can't take credit for the color scheme. I saw an i8 in Europe on the interwebz and decided I wanted to match that. LV Pro Tint (https://www.lasvegasprotint.com/) did the wrap. It took a day for them to do it. They did a very thorough job. From the outside, you see no white anywhere. When you open the doors, you only see the carbon fiber, no white. I also had them tint the windows and put the ceramic film on the front windshield. They were very thorough. I've had the car about 6 months and it is garage kept. No issues yet. Total cost around $2,500.

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Still for sale? It's been up for a while no?
yes, but I've put no effort into selling it. wife told me when it sells I can buy 2 more guns and a metal detector..... I've already bought one of the guns, so..... still paying the insurance on it, so it would be nice to make that bill go away.... apparently I'm not as motivated as I could be....

Dr. Marneaus

Leave me alone.
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
yes, but I've put no effort into selling it. wife told me when it sells I can buy 2 more guns and a metal detector..... I've already bought one of the guns, so..... still paying the insurance on it, so it would be nice to make that bill go away.... apparently I'm not as motivated as I could be....
Price?

Insurance on an ancient jeep cant be much.....

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Price?

Insurance on an ancient jeep cant be much.....
I need to get $5,000 if you want more information, PM me, and I can get you all the info. since this isn't a for sale section, we want to keep it within the rules...