Serial Number discrepancy

my son picked up a firearm yesterday at 2nd Amendment Guns, it was an online purchase and he had it sent there for the FFL DROS - i was looking over his paperwork last night and noticed that the receipt he got from the online vendor had a different serial number than the actual firearm, looks more like a typo than anything to be suspicious about - obviously we'll need to get in touch with 2nd Amendment, hopefully they have their phones working, they've been having phone issues for the last week - my thoughts are, if 2nd Amendment did the DROS using the serial number on the firearm there shouldn't really be a problem - However if they used the serial number listed on the receipt then the DROS is wrong and would need to be corrected - I would think most FFL's would use the actual number on the firearm versus what any other paperwork says

anyone got any history concerning stuff like this - being NV im thinking it should be easily enough to remedy

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Commercial Sponsor
Forum Supporter
Verify that you are using the correct serial number on the firearm, also. There may be other numbers on it that are not the actual frame's serial number.

Verify that you are using the correct serial number on the firearm, also. There may be other numbers on it that are not the actual frame's serial number.
yeah, like i said, looks like a typo - last 4 on the firearm is 1153 and the vendor paperwork says 1173 - we'll try to verify with 2nd Amendment what number they used - worst part, might have to drive over there, their phones are a mess, not getting through at all, rings once then disconnects - sigh

hopefully they got it right, the vendor paperwork really doesn't matter to me