• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Searles 6.6 Earthquake

Gullwing

Former Padawan Apprentice Now Master
Staff member
USGS is sight is pretty much down. 6.9 popped up and then down again. So 7.0+/-
One friend I grew up with sounded freaked out last night and didn't sleep much at all. Hope all is okay.

Gullwing

Staff member
Dad's youngest brother called Dad while it is still shaking saying he called the oldest (in RC) an couldn't get a hold of him. NO S***T Moron he is a bit busy.

Lrh502

Well-known member (45 ACP)
I didn't feel the one yesterday. Just like when I grew up in L.A.-I would sleep through earthquakes while my mom was shook awake and freaked out all morning! "Did you feel the earthquake Lrh502?" "No mom, was there one?" "How did you sleep through that, I thought the house was gonna collapse!" "You are just a scaredy cat mom!" LULZ!

Lrh502

Just saw a news broadcast feed from Phoenix saying 6.9! If that is true then holy cow! Might not be real good over there right now. Late post-7.1-not good!

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Really violent in Apple Valley, I hear...knocked granny out of her bed

Gullwing

Staff member
I didn't feel the one yesterday. Just like when I grew up in L.A.-I would sleep through earthquakes while my mom was shook awake and freaked out all morning! "Did you feel the earthquake Lrh502?" "No mom, was there one?" "How did you sleep through that, I thought the house was gonna collapse!" "You are just a scaredy cat mom!" LULZ!
I had a "friend" who slept through Landers because he was dreaming he was at a concert.

Gullwing

Staff member
Heard from one friend, much more damage at his house today, but still only glasses, dishes, bookshelves...

Lrh502

I had a "friend" who slept through Landers because he was dreaming he was at a concert.
Haha! I was a pre teen-teenager back in the 80s and 90s when we had the Northridge quake and all the others. Our home was in the Hollywood hills and we didn't have cracked walls,concrete or any other damages-these quakes are really messing things up worse than I ever saw back then.

MET45

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
6.9 Ridgecrest

Gullwing

Staff member
Haha! I was a pre teen-teenager back in the 80s and 90s when we had the Northridge quake and all the others. Our home was in the Hollywood hills and we didn't have cracked walls,concrete or any other damages-these quakes are really messing things up worse than I ever saw back then.
Living in Ridgecrest in the 90s we felt everything, but also had ZERO damage. Landers grocery stores had items fall, Northridge nothing, Hector mine, nothing, local quakes up to 5.8 and nothing. Sort of felt invincible. Only now do I not feel that way about RC, BUT Damn it can take a beating better than pretty much anywhere else.
Still a bit nervous about tomorrow. Though my friends seem to be okay. Haven't heard back from uncle who lives pretty close to the one house fire.