S&W revolver stolen in SW Las Vegas

Early this morning, 22 May 2014, my GF's car was broken into right in front of my house (SW LV; Blue Diamond/Decatur). At 0630 she noticed that her insurance, car registration, bluetooth speaker, and S&W 642 stainless revolver (S/N DCM6050) were all taken. Police report was submitted this morning as well.

Working on filing a claim with USAA. Will update as needed.

Please PM or email me with any info.
pakrdbl@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Agreed to say the least. We were hiking at Red Rock two days ago and she got "lazy" and didn't put it back in the safe :nonod:

Needless to say, it's a life lesson learned. She is pretty distraught as am I about "enabling" another low life to be armed with her gun to do who knows what. With copies of her police report given by Metro, hopefully she can file a claim with the insurance company.

More to follow...

TAGS

Kydex holster maker
Agreed to say the least. We were hiking at Red Rock two days ago and she got "lazy" and didn't put it back in the safe :nonod:

Needless to say, it's a life lesson learned. She is pretty distraught as am I about "enabling" another low life to be armed with her gun to do who knows what. With copies of her police report given by Metro, hopefully she can file a claim with the insurance company.

More to follow...

I'm sure the insurance will cover it. But I hope they find it. Good luck and time to learn and move on. But atleast if they do cover it you can buy a new one :)

ColtBill45

Hydrostatic shock creator
I'm sure the insurance will cover it. But I hope they find it. Good luck and time to learn and move on. But atleast if they do cover it you can buy a new one :)
Usually insurance won't cover items like that or that ain't bolted down. Well at least 2 different companies I used in the past and had to file claims with told me that.

ColtBill45

Hydrostatic shock creator
Will NRA cover that?
They might but I'm not positive. Both of my prior car insurance companies tried to dump me off on my home owners insurance who them passed the buck back to them on separate occasions. It was a lost battle. While I didn't have a firearm stolen, my laptop and car audio stuff that was not bolted down (subwoofers) were not covered on each event.

Well, after spending some time with the insurance company last night, she finally was able to make a claim on all the items taken from her car including the gun and damage to her car. USAA came through in a definite time of need and distress.

They requested a copy (via scanned documents/photos) to be uploaded to their claim center. After about an hour or so with them, she had a pending credit applied to her bank account. FWIW, it was a relatively painless process to go through and the insurance agent kept reminding her that she did nothing wrong because she was feeling guilty and worried that someone out there has her gun. I was very surprised as to how calm and consoling they were to her in this stressful time. USAA advised that she should contact the 3 credit agencies about her stolen personal information and offered a credit monitoring service for her as well.

Once again, please be on the lookout for a stainless S&W 642 (S/N DCM6050). I know there are guns shows in the next few weeks. It may turn up there, who knows?

Please PM or email me with any info.
pakrdbl@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Felid'Maximus

Beware of Cat
Forum Supporter
Good luck. One thing I can't stress enough never, EVER leave a firearm in your vehicle no matter what.
That's easier said than done with all the defenseless victim zones mandated by law.

You basically have three choices.

1) Leave your gun at home and be defenseless for the entire journey every time you visit such a place.

2) Leave your gun in the car parked in the nearest legal location and be armed during your journey to and from such places.

3) Break the law and carry your gun illegally.

STS Hunter

Very Active Member
That's easier said than done with all the defenseless victim zones mandated by law.

You basically have three choices.

1) Leave your gun at home and be defenseless for the entire journey every time you visit such a place.

2) Leave your gun in the car parked in the nearest legal location and be armed during your journey to and from such places.

3) Break the law and carry your gun illegally.
I go round and round on another forum about this. They say "why would you need to feel armed when you are getting a burrito?" All I can say is that if you want to have a gun handy in a few situations as you go about your day, you can't un-have it when you stop for lunch.

NRA does cover stolen firearms from vehicles. If the loss is a result from breaking and entering. In other words if you don't lock your rig and your High Point fotaay bottom feeder gets lifted your on your own.

EDIT to ad: Your NRA firearms insurance must be activated.

More to follow...
Your gun was stolen at Red Rock??