• Las Vegas Shooting Center - Customer Appreciation Day 10/19/2019! - CLICK HERE for details!

Rifle scope install

Does anyone know someone in the Henderson area that can install two scopes and not charge too much? I was going to take it to Dick’s but after everything going on with them I prefer not to give them any business. I just bought ant to make sure it’s installed correctly. I tried once but had some difficulties as scopes are a new thing to me. Thanks.

Quickdraw

"Ho'old on there"
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
You'll almost certainly get a better install from one of the precision rifle shooters on the board than a gun shop that seldom ever mounts anything except an occasional basic scope on a hunting rifle. I'd jump at BW64's offer. You'll probably learn bunch as well.

I remember getting my 1st scope on my 1st precision rifle at a gun shop. I paid top dollar for the wrong set of cheap rings and install. They never even asked my to try it out for eye relief or LOP. About 3 months later when I knew more about how to do it right I changed everything and did it myself the right way and have done it many many times since then. I'll be mounting another one next week.

Sorry I got tied up I'm up in anthem on the hill maybe we can get together tomorrow sometime I have to go to the range in the morning but I'll be available in the afternoon

You'll almost certainly get a better install from one of the precision rifle shooters on the board than a gun shop that seldom ever mounts anything except an occasional basic scope on a hunting rifle. I'd jump at BW64's offer. You'll probably learn bunch as well.

I remember getting my 1st scope on my 1st precision rifle at a gun shop. I paid top dollar for the wrong set of cheap rings and install. They never even asked my to try it out for eye relief or LOP. About 3 months later when I knew more about how to do it right I changed everything and did it myself the right way and have done it many many times since then. I'll be mounting another one next week.
That’s what I was hoping for. I figure if I can see someone doing it and learn a few tips I could do it from then

Sorry I got tied up I'm up in anthem on the hill maybe we can get together tomorrow sometime I have to go to the range in the morning but I'll be available in the afternoon[/QUOTE

I really appreciate the help and wil pm you my cell number. If you get tied up or busy no worries but would definitely love your help.

Does anyone know someone in the Henderson area that can install two scopes and not charge too much? I was going to take it to Dick’s but after everything going on with them I prefer not to give them any business. I just bought ant to make sure it’s installed correctly. I tried once but had some difficulties as scopes are a new thing to me. Thanks.
-
Well I sent you 2 PMs but I forgot the title so they didn't go through. DUH!!

BW

Quickdraw

"Ho'old on there"
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
That’s what I was hoping for. I figure if I can see someone doing it and learn a few tips I could do it from then
A little knowledge and a few tools is all that you'll need to properly mount scopes and bases for years to come.

The tools I bought are just basically a Wheeler FAT Wrench Kit to properly torque any screws involved. You can also use that for torquing a barreled action to a stock as well. I use the older style none digital wrench ($45 to $50). Then a simple small bubble level set ($5 to $10).These are the most valuable tools you'll ever own to protect your high dollar scopes and make sure your rifle/scope systems are assembled correctly for optimum accuracy. I've used mine so many times I can count and I have never seem any signs of damage to anything mounted.