Remington 700 VTR or Ruger Precision Rifle

Ran into one of these at a local shop.

Can anyone tell me if this platform is a going to do MOA or better? I’m wanting to finally get around to testing out long

On the other hand they also had a RPR there and I’m tempted. Gotta be honest though, the action on the VTR was a lot smoother than the RPR.

Thanks

It seems that most articles and comments I’m reading from different blogs, trade ragss, and forums are suggesting I drop the 700 and look at the Ruger Precision Rifle.

Interesting. Might have to go find a shop with one in stock to handle.

My son has one in 6.5cm & I can tell you it is super accurate with the 140 eldm. I know, I did the load workup. The 147s have a problem fitting in the mag so you can't get them long enough to be accurate. Only thing I didn't like about it was the stock. Too short for me.

BW

My son has one in 6.5cm & I can tell you it is super accurate with the 140 eldm. I know, I did the load workup. The 147s have a problem fitting in the mag so you can't get them long enough to be accurate. Only thing I didn't like about it was the stock. Too short for me.

BW
I’m pretty invested in 308 as I have an M1A but by the time I add a stock, put a better barrel on it, add a scope, etc... I might as well spend the money on something else Although the M1A will probably outshoot me as is at this point. Lol

jmano

uber Member
If I recall the VTR had issues with the triangle barrel an keeping accuracy.

Honestly if I was in the market I would get the Bergara B14 HMR. That thing is smooth as butter and guaranteed sub-moa. I got a chance to shoot the 6.5 CM version and it took insane willpower to not run out and buy one immediately.

4x4Brit

Worktruck Driver
I have two Remington 700's that are very accurate but given the choice between the VTR and RPR, I'd take the RPR. The RPR is more ready to go out of the box.

Well I did it. I went and picked up a Ruger Precision in 308.

Now I need to sell my SAR to fund an optic. Lol

Can’t wait to get it out and see how bad of a shooter I am.