• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Radar detectors in NV specifically Las Vegas

akaTrex

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I had WAZE lit up coming into Las Vegas on a Friday Night. WAZE was losing its mind blurting out "Police Ahead".
It was unbleavable the number of NHP working that night.

Read the news a day later and NHP made 120+ Traffic stops for speeding that Friday night!
Primm to South Las Vegas a Cha Ching for the NHP!

In 2019 Deputy Sheriff Felipe Perez. He was the guy who thought - incorrectly, on that occasion - that his badge would summarily excuse a 134 MPH run in his Hellcat. While his child was in the backseat. Sheriff Perez had also neglected to put license plates on his car. Perez was cited for 134 MPH by NHP!

Last edited:

akaTrex

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
One evening at my gym a father was telling his son he tailgates and it will result in an accident. His son replied my reaction time is faster than you old man. Then the father slapped his son in the face. The son said whats that all about? The father replied, your reaction time ain't all that great!

True Story

WantaG18

a noid
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
the west side of 215 from far hills to town center is a major revenue generation area. focused enforcement 2-3 days every month or two…. Upto 10 bikes. Normal situation…

2 or 3 shooters On bridge. 5-8 catchers. Moving from one ramp to the next over the course of an hour.

At Far Hills southbound they have started using the on ramp to the 215 instead of the bridge. Harder to spot them and causes a dangerous situation using the onramp as people will slow to a near stop instead of properly merging onto the 215.

Luxom

Well-known member (45 ACP)
At Far Hills southbound they have started using the on ramp to the 215 instead of the bridge. Harder to spot them and causes a dangerous situation using the onramp as people will slow to a near stop instead of properly merging onto the 215.
Almost like the sole intent is to generate revenue, and safety is an afterthought not the purpose.

EXCAL

Member (9mm)
My nephew got his first car recently...... its locked at 80mph and asked if I could change it. I played dumb .......
Too bad he's not sharp enough to sneak your key and read the manual

With your admin key in hand, get behind the wheel and start the car. Then take the following steps to clear all MyKey settings and return each MyKey to its original status.
  1. After starting the car, wait for the onboard computer to load.
  2. Locate the main menu on the screen using your steering-wheel-mounted controls.
  3. Select “Settings” by pressing “OK.”
  4. Scroll to the “MyKey” option and press “OK.”
  5. Search for the option that says “Clear MyKey.”
  6. Select this option by pressing and holding “OK” until the following message appears on the screen: “All MyKeys Cleared.”

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
My wife wont even listen to me, what makes ya think yours will?!?!??
Oh, she listens to you, and takes notes on every thing you say that annoys her,,,,,,,,,,,,,when she hits the maximum "annoyance points" limit she has set, that's when I get "the call"!! o_Oo_O:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Harley

BANNED FOR LIFE+35 Because he dared me to do it!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Too bad he's not sharp enough to sneak your key and read the manual

With your admin key in hand, get behind the wheel and start the car. Then take the following steps to clear all MyKey settings and return each MyKey to its original status.
  1. After starting the car, wait for the onboard computer to load.
  2. Locate the main menu on the screen using your steering-wheel-mounted controls.
  3. Select “Settings” by pressing “OK.”
  4. Scroll to the “MyKey” option and press “OK.”
  5. Search for the option that says “Clear MyKey.”
  6. Select this option by pressing and holding “OK” until the following message appears on the screen: “All MyKeys Cleared.”
Yep but he never got the admin key and even if he did he wouldnt be able to figure it out anyway.

Harley

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Oh, she listens to you, and takes notes on every thing you say that annoys her,,,,,,,,,,,,,when she hits the maximum "annoyance points" limit she has set, that's when I get "the call"!! o_Oo_O:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Notes you say? Hell, after 20 years she’s probably got full books by now!

“Notes” implies something like some scraps of paper in a shoe box. After all this time I’d like to think I’ve earned more than that!??

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Notes you say? Hell, after 20 years she’s probably got full books by now!

“Notes” implies something like some scraps of paper in a shoe box. After all this time I’d like to think I’ve earned more than that!??
Last time I asked she said she was just starting volume 47...and was lamenting the fact that each volume only held 1,000 pages............so apparently you have been a good boy the last 20 years ! :ROFLMAO:

Harley

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Last time I asked she said she was just starting volume 47...and was lamenting the fact that each volume only held 1,000 pages............so apparently you have been a good boy the last 20 years ! :ROFLMAO:
I woulda bet the numbers would be higher!

Guess I’m doing alright, so far. Heres hoping for another 20!

doz

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
FYI, for some areas, LV area for example, the feature in WAZE is helpful.

crowd source reporting of police activity to allow motorists to safely Navigate through an area. It’s only as good as the reports. But they’re mostly accurate. Also has reporting for crash, lane obstruction, construction, traffic flow issues and routing.

the west side of 215 from far hills to town center is a major revenue generation area. focused enforcement 2-3 days every month or two…. Upto 10 bikes. Normal situation…

2 or 3 shooters On bridge. 5-8 catchers. Moving from one ramp to the next over the course of an hour.

working from home has its benefits These days.
Been using Waze for awhile. Definitely helps and I contribute as well. I appreciate the reports so I try and do the same even if it’s reporting NHP in Hiko where most people don’t utilize it.

VGM837

Active member (5.56mm)
I’m case anyone gets a speeding ticket. You can’t even plead in person anymore. The state has consistently pressured me to waive my rights to a trial before a judge and keeps insisting I do a online trial without even being able to see the judge or officer. Or alternatively, pay the fine of $300. F**k traffic cops. And the state gov for that matter.

Px4Shooter

You are saying "the state". Where is this occurring? I don't know any state prosecutions for speeding, but I am sure there is a super rare chance they would occur in the capitol.

akaTrex

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
WAZE APP helps as well.. It's interactive w other drivers.
Driving back to ComiFornia from Reno, I had a vehicle whose driver's time was more important than our's tailgating me.

WASE was going crazy squawking Police ahead, Police ahead, Police ahead.
I politely signaled and moved over and let them speed by, getting the middle finger from the driver.

At the next exit were 2 CHP units with LIDAR.

A couple of exits down the road was the impatient driver stopped by the CHP.

MAC702

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Driving back to ComiFornia from Reno, I had a vehicle whose driver's time was more important than our's tailgating me.

WASE was going crazy squawking Police ahead, Police ahead, Police ahead.
I politely signaled and moved over and let them speed by, ...
That kind of makes it sound like you were blocking him from passing UNTIL you saw the speed trap warning.

akaTrex

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
That kind of makes it sound like you were blocking him from passing UNTIL you saw the speed trap warning.
Sorry No. I drive like NASCAR! I go the PHUCK Around! He fought the Law and the LAW WON! Just like the Song!
It's funny how when ya just move right or left and go around rather than being a Dumb Ass Richard Head and Tail Gate to prove your so called Manhood!

doz

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Sorry No. I drive like NASCAR! I go the PHUCK Around! He fought the Law and the LAW WON! Just like the Song!
It's funny how when ya just move right or left and go around rather than being a Dumb Ass Richard Head and Tail Gate to prove your so called Manhood!
I mean. If you drive like NASCAR and he was “tailgaiting” you, it would seem like either he was drafting or had the faster car trying to get around you. So you were just blocking…..????

akaTrex

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I mean. If you drive like NASCAR and he was “tailgaiting” you, it would seem like either he was drafting or had the faster car trying to get around you. So you were just blocking…..????
Yes a Truck Drafting a Subaru WRX STI with an Eibach setup? LMFAO!
For your viewing pleasure:

doz

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
So…. You drive like you are in nascar in a STi but a truck was tailgating you?

Story doesn’t add up. Part of it is a lie. Either you don’t drive like you are in nascar or he wasn’t tailgating.