• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

QuickJack vehicle lift?

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I'm looking at possibly picking up a clear floor lift of some soft. The one I'm looking at is one of the QuickJacks: https://www.quickjack.com/car-lifts/

Just wanted to check to see if anyone here, or anyone you know, has used one of these and their opinion?

(For reasons) I loathe letting the dealer touch my vehicles for anything that I can possibly do myself (without killing myself in the process) and I need a 4 wheel lift to perform a couple of the services on my new SUV (with the wheels free-spinning).

Looks like I can pick them up via costco (and grab an extra year warranty in the process).

Also looking at 4 Rennstand units from Safejack. Obviously more of a PITA to use (at half the price) but once I'm getting close to a grand, why not a bit more?

https://safejacks.com/products/the-rennstand-by-safe-jack-single-unit

Yes, I know I can accomplish this with Jackstands, but I'm looking for something a bit more...more :)

No, I do not have space for a set of side lifts.

Bonez

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Watching this thread for responses as I have been looking at these for the past few years as well

EXCAL

Member (9mm)
That Jack stand idea is BS. It's 12" high to start with and will only go up another 5" Your wheels will still be on the ground.
How often will you use the quick jack? A couple grand to save maybe 10 minutes of sticking jack stands under the car doesn't make much sense if you're not going to do it weekly.
Check the used ads - a friend picked one up for $800 when the guy who bought it realized he didn't need it.
Also don't forget the quick jack does not lift straight up. If your SUV is a tight fit in the garage you'll need to have the door open. If your jack points are 10" off the ground a 24" lift will move the car almost 18" to the front or rear.

Last edited:

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Also don't forget the quick jack does not lift straight up. If your SUV is a tight fit in the garage you'll need to have the door open. If your jack points are 10" off the ground a 24" lift will move the car almost 18" to the front or rear.
Yep, I was looking at how much forward movement would happen since I can't use it with the door open (door too low) for lift height. I'd need to find that out as I only have about 18" of forward space.

I've got 7 vehicles (Mine, wife's, oldest's, extra car, one parent's, uncle's and one cousin's) that I do all the service on, so it would get used a fair amount, but I do admit that it is an extravagance.

DUG

NASWOGS
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
We looked at a quick jack but for only a few bucks more we went with a full sized lift.

B51900A3-D79D-4976-8BC3-AF39460ED524.jpeg

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
We looked at a quick jack but for only a few bucks more we went with a full sized lift.
I'd love to, but just don't have the room for post lifts. . Even the little roll-away ones. :)