• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Private Party Transfer Prices WTF?

Novabrian

Gun Obsessed
I called a local shop and they said it was $75 for the paperwork plus $25 for the background check unless you have CCW. Wow $100 on top of the gun I buy! This is crazy! I guess I’ll go back to the place that charges $40! Rant Over

I’ve called around, and most places won’t even do a PPT.. guess they think it hurts their business. Other places want $50 and up to PPT place background fee if you don’t have a CCW.

Luxom

Obsessed Member
I refuse. Im not advocating anybody else do anything, but my rights arent up for debate or decisions.
"Shall not be infringed" is a simple statement for anybody with basic understanding of the English language.
Theyve stolen our rights so they can sell them back to us. No thanks. Not for me.

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
I called a local shop and they said it was $75 for the paperwork plus $25 for the background check unless you have CCW. Wow $100 on top of the gun I buy! This is crazy! I guess I’ll go back to the place that charges $40! Rant Over
I have driven all the way to NFA from Henderson. 51 miles round trip.
Only $25 transfer fee, and no background fee since they don’t get charged one for private transfers.

I have 3 gun shops within a mile of my house and each are charging $50+$25. :(

zimzim

Obsessed Member
Wowwww what a rip off !
I Don’t see how them charging $25 hurts their business. The state doesn’t charge them for a private transfer when they call it in, So that $25 should cover the time to run it...

Ronsmag

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Only $25 transfer fee, and no background fee since they don’t get charged one for private transfers.

Nevada Firearms and Training does it for $25, NFA is great place but no need to drive up there for PPT

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Wowwww what a rip off !
I Don’t see how them charging $25 hurts their business. The state doesn’t charge them for a private transfer when they call it in, So that $25 should cover the time to run it...
Keep in mind, also, that many stores simply do not want to be a store that does PPT's. They only want to be a real gun shop instead. That said, some could do a better job of explaining their "Well, if you insist" pricing, so as not to lose otherwise potential customers put off by it.

These are the ones I’m referring to.

Are you sure that is for Private Transfer, and not a transfer from an FFL ?
I see on their website " Firearms TRANSFERRED to Big Gun Enterprises are subject to a $20 Transfer Fee per firearm. "
It’s $20 for any type of transfer, online or PPT, back ground check is free for the PPT as per the new law. Purchases and online transactions are subject to $20 background check fee. I have done countless transactions there doing so.