Precision 22LR Rifles

Quickdraw

"Ho'old on there"
Staff member
Two of us finally got out today with our new Ruger Precision Rimfire rifles. It was a beautiful day at the range: 15mph winds from 6 o'clock and 40 degrees. It started snowing right after we picked up.

We setup paper at 50 yards. I forgot my normal ammo box and only had a new box of Wolf Match Extra ammo which I have never tried before in any of my rifles. So I load up 10 and it shot about 2+ Moa. Not impressed at all but it is a factory barrel unlike my other match barrels that were all hand lapped. Around the 30 round mark things started to settle down a bit and it got down to starting to group a bit and was running about 1 1/4'ish even in the wind.

I plan to do a little fire lapping the next time out and of course bring my normal ammo box with 3 other kinds of subsonic ammo. I'll get it shooting much better with a little work on the barrel.

Other than that it feels very familiar to the way my 6.5CM RPR feels. The bolt is butter smooth with the treatment I gave it, just like my RPR. The only difference is I can feel that it has less moving mass when fired but that is nit-picking a bit. Trigger is nice for a factory setup even when shooting groups like today. The rifle feels nice and solid from behind it. I'll probably still fine tune the buttstock a bit more.

Now to wait for a still day to get serous about break-in and setup. Once I get it shooting right it will be a god trainer to compliment it's big brother.

LongRange

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Nice I’m pretty excited to get mine back it’s been 65 days now not that I’m counting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maxcarp

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Two of us finally got out today with our new Ruger Precision Rimfire rifles. It was a beautiful day at the range: 15mph winds from 6 o'clock and 40 degrees. It started snowing right after we picked up.
That sounds like a Great day to be out at the range!I assume you are talking about DSRPC.If the wind is 15mph coming from 6 o`clock,no worries!
Great thread.Back in 2011-2012,I bought a Ruger 10/22 Target and spent some time and $$ on it and loved it.Whenever I went to shoot,I would always warm up by shooting my 10/22.It is a great little rifle,accurate as can be,and fun to shoot.It seemed to like Remington Golden Bullets,which I had plenty of,and life was good.Then comes the madness of 2013,with all the panic buying and ammo hoarding,and I had to cut back.Now 22lr ammo is plentiful and there are new contenders like Aquila ammo,which my rifle seems to like.Time to get back out there and start ringing the steel again!

Here is some pictures of a custom CZ455 by DJ. I have never shot it and not sure when I will. Funny part is I don't even shoot rifles and I still had him make me one. I have a buying problem.

Quickdraw

"Ho'old on there"
Staff member
That sounds like a Great day to be out at the range!I assume you are talking about DSRPC.If the wind is 15mph coming from 6 o`clock,no worries!
Great thread.Back in 2011-2012,I bought a Ruger 10/22 Target and spent some time and $$ on it and loved it.Whenever I went to shoot,I would always warm up by shooting my 10/22.It is a great little rifle,accurate as can be,and fun to shoot.It seemed to like Remington Golden Bullets,which I had plenty of,and life was good.Then comes the madness of 2013,with all the panic buying and ammo hoarding,and I had to cut back.Now 22lr ammo is plentiful and there are new contenders like Aquila ammo,which my rifle seems to like.Time to get back out there and start ringing the steel again!
Yeah we were shooting at DSRPC. Over the past couple of months we've been doing some upgrades to Range 7. We repaired and reroofed all of the suncovers over the 4 shooting stations. Then we extended each of them by 16 feet with concrete and suncovers. Then we moved out onto the range and install 10 new steel target placements with 24 new steel targets and 4 paper target placements. We now have steel from 25 yards out to 200 yards for 22lr. We have plans to expand on that over the next few months to make Range 7 one of the premier 22 ranges in the west.

lasvegasxd

Very Active Member
Forum Supporter
Yeah we were shooting at DSRPC. Over the past couple of months we've been doing some upgrades to Range 7. We repaired and reroofed all of the suncovers over the 4 shooting stations. Then we extended each of them by 16 feet with concrete and suncovers. Then we moved out onto the range and install 10 new steel target placements with 24 new steel targets and 4 paper target placements. We now have steel from 25 yards out to 200 yards for 22lr. We have plans to expand on that over the next few months to make Range 7 one of the premier 22 ranges in the west.

QuickDraw, this will be for the public or just for the club members only.? And how often you will have the tournament for 22? Thank you.

DSRPC is a private club so all facilities are only open to members and their guests.
Quickdraw you forgot to mention that non-DSRPC members can participate in the matches for $5 plus match fee.

LasVegasxd - the 22lr matches are once a month on the 4th Saturday.

lasvegasxd

Very Active Member
Forum Supporter
Quickdraw you forgot to mention that non-DSRPC members can participate in the matches for $5 plus match fee.

LasVegasxd - the 22lr matches are once a month on the 4th Saturday.
Thank you Chaos!! For taking the and explain. What are the rules for rifles . Will be with peep sights or scope. Bolt action or semiautomatic. Thank you.