Osprey scopes

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Junk? Good buy for the dough? (Sub $150 range) Any feed back would be appreciated. Think I might put an order in for one from Natchez tomorrow or later tonight for the M1A.

mdslammer

MDslammer
Forum Supporter
It all comes down to what one can afford. Can't comment on the quality for Osprey scopes.

I subscribed to the "buy once cry once" mantra and bought a NightForce NXS 5.5-22x50mm with Zero-Speed Turret.

This scope will last me a lifetime. I'm extremely pleased and highly recommend NF optics if you can save up for one.

Good luck on your decision.

Mark

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
I don't shoot enough to justify spending that kind of money! :bowtou: :001_smile:

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Here's a review I did of the Osprey International 4-16x50AO.

The scope works just fine, at least the one I tested. They have a good warranty on the product, similar to Vortex.
Thanks - great review.
I ordered the 3x12x50 mildot (less than $100 after shipping, with rings and lens covers.)

It'll do for now. If I really get into it then I can move this to a hunting rifle and buy nicer glass.

It's good glass to start with, you'll like the illuminated reticle for low light, like the night shoot we do sometimes.....sure was nice for that!

Not sure of the Quality Control, as I stated, mine worked fine for what I was doing. I hope you get a good one and enjoy it!

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Here's a follow up to an OLD thread...

I never did mount thay scope to an M1A or anything else. In fact the M1A us long gone (but still in the Nevada Shooters family I'd guess).

Found it during my move in 2016. Dug it out today and mounted on a 22 Mag. Overkill, I know. But saved me from dropping $50 on a Bushnell.

Hope to get to play with it this weekend.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
I did more research and now they go by Osprey Global but use the same logo.
Not cheap anymore.

m.brd

Coyote Hunter
Nothing I can good about the scope or the Customer Service:
Box test: not even close to doing a box or return to zero, called them in GA, sent scope (Return receipt Requested) month later they claimed never received return. Send them a copy of the RRR and they found it, received 2nd Scope bigger junk than the 1st one. Saw him at the Reno show at RSG and nothing but exchange words to me telling me what a POS i was and invited me outside to settle it in the parking lot.

Scope was used for target practices