• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Original NFA-15 Billet Lower

YoungGun

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I don't know why you discontinued the original NFA-15 billet lower. It's such a beauty piece compared to your current C4 billet. I don't think I can ever pick up one of your C4 billet lower (pretty ugly to me). I have a bunch of the G-15 lowers and sadly but fortunately ONE original NFA-15 billet lower (it's such beauty that I don't think I am going to put it in action).

Pics of the NFA-15 beauty

Yg

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
This is the second post in a day where you posted the C4 was "ugly". It looks like pretty much any other receiver to me, with the exception of the trigger guard. Do tell.

MAC702

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Did you follow my link to their page with pics? It's quite different in how the sides are machined for the reliefs and stepdowns, for lack of proper terminology.

I guess I wouldn't say it's ugly, but I do find the normal one more aesthetically pleasing, and I'm not much of a traditionalist, except that I don't think these aluminum guns are going to catch on at all anyway. :mellow:

In their defense, once you aren't going "mil-spec," I suppose you should do something cosmetically different for your personal brand. But just like the 1997 Ford F-150, sometimes it's going to be ugly!

Last edited:

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I am not putting NFA down by any means. I am just expressing my personally opinion (and I am going to say it again, it looks ugly to me. Anyone have a problem with my observation?). I am a strong supporter of NFA (willing to drive from the far south end to NFA for most of my businesses). If you feel the need to moderate, please do as you wish in your power as necessary.

He didn't look at the pictures or know what a C-4 billet lower look like and I am not going to post a picture of the C-4 (no need for that).

Yg
Obviously you are being defensive. Apologies if somehow me asking what it is you don't like about a black hunk of metal versus another offends you. The only thing noticeably different from the pics you assertedr I didn't view, was the trigger guard I mentioned. (Yes, that means I did in fact view them... lol ) To me, other changes seemed frivilous, but I'm not a purist by any means. I'm more utilitarian when it comes to tools. For example, when it comes to guitars, I could care less about colors, glossy finishes, inlays and rosettes - how does it sound? Lol
Again didn't mean to offend by asking what it is you didn't like. I simply wanted to know or I wouldn't have asked.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Oh and as mentioned on the other thread, all but one of my lowers is a C4 - who didn't read? ;)

YoungGun

Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I was fasting since 10pm last night and got sucked out 5 vials of blood this morning (low on sugar). Everything is good now. No hard feeling. :cheers2:

Yg

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
LOL
No problem.
I was just confused as all.
If I had a choice I would prefer the trigger guard shape on the NFA15 versus the C4, but not if it was more than $5 or $10! :cornut:
Did I mention I am cheap as well?

Kinoons

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I've gotten a few on the cheap when the blems were available. I do have to say I really like the bolt catch and takedown detents being threaded in place.

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I've gotten a few on the cheap when the blems were available. I do have to say I really like the bolt catch and takedown detents being threaded in place.
This. A lot. Being able to remove the stock on my C4 lower without thinking about losing a spring is great (not that I do it often, but they're great features still). The ramped sides did appeal to me, just something slightly different and stand out in a world flooded with "mil-spec" copies from 100 different manufacturers. I'd take the subtly different shape over some of the crazy etched designs on the mag well, or worse, the ugly skull shape mag wells...

Kinoons

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Exactly -- yesterday I assembled one in about 10-15 minutes without one time loosing a spring or detent pin and having to chase it around the house. Best design features ever.

tbugher62

The 56 C-4 billet lower's I have are all very nice.Yes the blemish one's,and the few I put together actually worked just fine holding the bolt open with a standard catch.

zimzim

Did not really notice the differences until I really looked at it right now. I honestly dont mind either. Each has its own features.