• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Older Ruger 10-22upgrade

oly29

uber Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
So upgraded my old Ruger 10-22. Started with a new Magpul stock and then a new Ruger factory hammer forged 20 inch bull barrel. Updated some minor thing in the bolt. Replace the existing trigger with a new Ruger BX trigger. Ordered a new Vortex 3-9 X50 scope and it is now done. Just need to get out and site it in.

Finished_ruger.jpeg

oly29

uber Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Yes, except for the scope I had on it was all original. Have always wanted a bull barrel 22. My son had a factory bull barrel like what I have on there now and it shot great so as soon as I get time will take it out shooting. Will then decide if it was worth it. Still have all the original parts so if I want to put it back to stock I can, but I think once I shoot it I won't want to change it back.

LASCHRIS

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
I am debating about a re-do of my early 1980's 10-22. One thing I can't get over is, no matter what I do, it will always be a .22 rifle. Right now the rifle is broken down to parts, and stored. It worked fine before and will work if I re-do or just re-assemble.