Official AR-15 Picture Thread!

New scope added to AR-15

It's an NcSTAR, 3X - 9X variable. Haven't tried it yet but just sighting down the parking lot of my apartment complex, it looks like it will work well for what I really need it for.

Bullet drop "compensation" knob on the top. Elevation adjustment under the cover seen in the second photo. Battery compartment on the left side cover seen in the first photo.

Here's my Bushy Patrolman's Carbine when I got it. It now has a railed fore end and a bipod. In about 6 more weeks, it will sport a new AAC M4-2000-08 suppressor.
I want to dump the Millet scope and go Eotech or maybe another red dot but smaller.

requiem

Ain't nobody got time for that!
Staff member
Administrator
Founding Member
mvician - that's nice. i never understood the whole 2 tone deal with AR's. can you explain the importance of it?

EriccCartmann

mvician - that's nice. i never understood the whole 2 tone deal with AR's. can you explain the importance of it?
Anything solid black stands out if the Bad Guy happens to have NVG. Solid Flat Dark Earth (FDE) is a much better color, but if you don't feel like painting, then a mix of FDE is just as good as it breaks up the solid outline that solid black will have.

EriccCartmann

Here are some of mine.

My Noveske N4 Light. Set up with ACOG TA-11F and Aimpoint Micro. I like this set up the best, best of both worlds, got the magnified ACOG with it's BDC and huge FOV and also CQB capabilities with the unlimited eye relief of the red dot Aimpoint. I only have to rotate the gun at about 10'oclock to use the Aimpoint and cheek weld is very consistent and feels good.

Up close

Newest member to the Cartmann family, LWRC M6A2 (piston AR). Came like this straight from the dealer except the Foregrip. I plan to get an ACOG and Aimpoint Micro for this one too.

LWRC in action

Here I am coaching and spotting for my cousins friend. He never shot a gun before until this day. When I was paying attention, he was 6 for 6 shooting at the 300+ yard gong; in the prone position using the EricCartmann method of using the foregrip, a mag, and his fist as a bipod.

I would like to give him credit for a good job but I can't, it was probably my superior coaching is why he did so good. I felt like a ninja in a foxhole here, had brass flying directly into me, my Ninja training taught me to just ignore it. :)

That EricCartmann is sure a good looking fellow.

Larue hat courtesy of the BigX, he is a member here too.

requiem

Ain't nobody got time for that!
Staff member
Administrator
Founding Member
Here are some of mine.

My Noveske N4 Light. Set up with ACOG TA-11F and Aimpoint Micro. I like this set up the best, best of both worlds, got the magnified ACOG with it's BDC and huge FOV and also CQB capabilities with the unlimited eye relief of the red dot Aimpoint. I only have to rotate the gun at about 10'oclock to use the Aimpoint and cheek weld is very consistent and feels good.

Up close

Newest member to the Cartmann family, LWRC M6A2 (piston AR). Came like this straight from the dealer except the Foregrip. I plan to get an ACOG and Aimpoint Micro for this one too.

LWRC in action

Here I am coaching and spotting for my cousins friend. He never shot a gun before until this day. When I was paying attention, he was 6 for 6 shooting at the 300+ yard gong; in the prone position using the EricCartmann method of using the foregrip, a mag, and his fist as a bipod.

I would like to give him credit for a good job but I can't, it was probably my superior coaching is why he did so good. I felt like a ninja in a foxhole here, had brass flying directly into me, my Ninja training taught me to just ignore it. :)

That EricCartmann is sure a good looking fellow.

Larue hat courtesy of the BigX, he is a member here too.
you may be a front runner for the Gecko45 award for 2008. :smile5: