Official AR-15 Picture Thread!

Just Deserts

They drew First Blood....
Forum Supporter
No bells and whistles for me, I just like it simple...

Olympic lower, no name S. African upper and please Santa, more ammo please :Angel_anim:

Zzyzx

Stranger Danger
They look like Orlites. I had several years ago. The feed lips chipped and they never really functioned great. I took their springs out and slam dunked them in the garbage.

Do elven bullets pierce mithril?

geo

Obsessed Member
Staff member
Founding Member
Silly Geo - the top on is mine...i left it at your house. Please hold onto it until i come over next :smilewinkgrin:
haha dont you wish.

Ahh fear not.. once the panic buying dies down, jump right in there and buy another upper (With a flat top) and we can build it here in an afternoon (Yo gunsmith.. I may need to borrow your vice :ihih:) and you will be cool like me :)

requiem

Ain't nobody got time for that!
Staff member
Administrator
Founding Member
i picked up a new grip for my AR. this bad boy is very comfortable and comes with interchangeable front and rear pieces.

Zzyzx

Stranger Danger
Vegas,
Have you had a chance to use a Magpul MIAD grip? I'm just wondering if you've had the chance to compare the two.

Who makes that one?

requiem

Staff member
Administrator
Founding Member
Vegas,
Have you had a chance to use a Magpul MIAD grip? I'm just wondering if you've had the chance to compare the two.

Who makes that one?
CAA makes it. I didnt check out the MIAD ones. I found this one, liked it and got it. It makes a world of difference. I also swapped out the grip on my WASR 10/63 from that cheapo one to a nice Israeli model.

Zzyzx

Stranger Danger
AcidFlashGordon,
Why not remove the carry handle to mount an optic? ACOG for mid-range. Aimpoint or EOTech for close range. The Aimpoint Micro T-1 is really slick. I wish I had gotten it over the Aimpoint M4 for my SBR.

Or you could get both! Holy expensive.

:thumbup:

Vegas,
If you get a chance at one of the funshows (if you're going), take a look at the MIAD. It's less of a rubbery texture and more of a hard textured plastic.

i picked up a new grip for my AR. this bad boy is very comfortable and comes with interchangeable front and rear pieces.
That puppy does look comfortable.

AcidFlashGordon,
Why not remove the carry handle to mount an optic? ACOG for mid-range. Aimpoint or EOTech for close range. The Aimpoint Micro T-1 is really slick. I wish I had gotten it over the Aimpoint M4 for my SBR.

Or you could get both! Holy expensive.
I'm still considering scope options at the moment. I'll definitely need one because at my age, and with my eyesight, I don't think I could hit the 300 meter target with the iron sights like I did when I was in the Army at age 25. :lol:

requiem

Staff member
Administrator
Founding Member
wear gloves and the grip becomes moot :lol:
What i wanted was a thicker grip - the stock grip was too slim for my hands, i could not grip it. this new grip is "chunkier".

i have gloves, but primarily for the AK's