Official "1911" thread

ilocano sniper

...........show your safe queen 1911,custom and daily carry 1911........

my kimber custom tle 2 with alumagrips and milt sparks versa max 2 iwb holster

Last edited:

gene(10)mm

Very Active Member
Forum Supporter
Nice! I have a Kimber Eclispe in .45 for carry and an Eclipse in 10mm that definitely qualifies as a safe queen.

USAFshooter

Obsessed Member
i cannot see any pictures, so for your carry 1911's are they full size or compact? i know i've seen 3" 1911's so i know they have smaller ones. just curious how big of a pistol you all carry

one day i will have a 1911. its not #1 on my need-to-buy list though. another carry pistol and a couple backups/backpacking guns for the wife and I are first

Kiddo

This Shooter's a Southpaw
BTW Thank you for the compliment Tophog! She's pretty, but she's tough and she gets a lot of use when my wallet allows it.

USAFshooter, mine is a 4.25in. Bobtailed Dan Wesson.

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
USAF,

My AMT is a full size stainless.

My Firestorm is a 3-1/2" compact - same as the Bersa Thunder. It's my daily CC.

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Lorna Doone,
You need a regular slide AMT Hardballer to go with the long slide. You can see mine in post #5.:smile5:

JFComfort

Long Range Shooter
AMT Hardballer and Mini Firestorm

Because one .45 is not enough.
Top Hog, I love the 45 with the magazines! Nice touch. I want to get a 1911, grew up shooting my Dads. They want alot of money for the good ones. The Taurus is well priced though.. I hear good and bad about them though

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Top Hog, I love the 45 with the magazines! Nice touch. I want to get a 1911, grew up shooting my Dads. They want alot of money for the good ones. The Taurus is well priced though.. I hear good and bad about them though
I haven't heard anything negative about the Taurus. I have a new one sitting in my safe that I'm storing for a friend. He ordered it, but got deployed before it came in, so I'm storing it for him. He said I could shoot it, but I haven't fired it because it's brand new, and, you know, aw gosh, 'never had a virgin' . . . and it's not mine! :confused5: However, I could be talked into test firing it for him.

I personally have an interest in a Firestorm Deluxe. Basically the same price as the Taurus, with about the same features. I just know how pleased I am with my Mini Firestorm .45 and would like to keep the tradition going.

I've had Taurus weapons in the past, and never had a problem with them.

-

If you know of problems with the Taurus, let us know. And if you want to shoot one, bring your ammo and c'mon out. We'll defile the b***h.
And you can shoot my AMT. You might want it!

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
I was intrigued by the new Taurus 1911 as well. Like the added features and a rock bottom price. It seems like a good bang for the buck! :2guns:

I opted to buy a used Springfield Loaded version used when it came up for sale here; but if buying new the Taurus seems like a good option. They do have more added features than even the Springfield loaded, for much less money (if buying new).