• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

NVS Site "Chat" Feature

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Fair enough. Someone else must've done something then because what wasn't working before is working now

Keep in mind you were also saying there is nothing you could do to make chat work and it was a problem with everyone's browsers etc..

Regardless, it doesn't matter. It works now; thanks for your time and efforts to making things work for us
I am the only one with "the keys" to log in today. You were the only one that missed seeing the REPLY button. (y)
:poop: happens, no big deal.

As for me not being able to look into it at your beck and call, I apologize. I was out with family so didn't have the time at that very moment. Also, considering the permissions hadn't changed since the CHAT was thought to have been enabled for all a month or so ago, as stated before, nobody knew it wasn't opened up for all until this thread. And thank you for posting about it. Apparently we wouldn't have known otherwise.

Bonez

Las Vegas - Centennial Hills
I am the only one with "the keys" to log in today. You were the only one that missed seeing the REPLY button. (y)
:poop: happens, no big deal.

As for me not being able to look into it at your beck and call, I apologize. I was out with family so didn't have the time at that very moment. Also, considering the permissions hadn't changed since the CHAT was thought to have been enabled for all a month or so ago, as stated before, nobody knew it wasn't opened up for all until this thread. And thank you for posting about it. Apparently we wouldn't have known otherwise.
Wrong.

Please use your admin credentials close this thread to further responses; including your own.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
These posts, from non Forum Supporters, same account privileges as you, were able to find the quote/reply function BEFORE the Chat feature was enable around 6 pm today.
Screenshot_20181102-214012.jpg Screenshot_20181102-214052.jpg

Bonez

Wrong again.

Let it go and lock it up - no need to keep digging when you have already found yourself in a hole.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Wrong again.

Let it go and lock it up - no need to keep digging when you have already found yourself in a hole.
If you can't see that, no wonder you couldn't find the Reply function. These screenshots are from right here, in this very thread.
That's probably why you want the thread closed.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
All you gotta do is look at the time stamps in these examples from this very thread.
Screenshot_20181103-074554.jpg Screenshot_20181103-074636.jpg Screenshot_20181103-074953.jpg

Bonez

Wrong. Again.
It's obvious by your unsolicited and unwanted responses you want more, so here you go: I deal with enough ignorant, know-it all end users every day at work, I don't have the time or desire to hold your hand through re-reading the information I have already shared in this thread to help you to understand that doing the exact same thing I was doing before is now doing something different. You can continue believing and saying whatever you want - it's becoming embarrassingly awkward how much you are beating this to death (in a public forum no less) for reasons known only to you.

I am done with wasting my time on something that is a moot point. My apologies to those that have spent time reading through this unnecessary drama when you could have been reading some of the awesome educational, informative and entertaining information found elsewhere on NVS.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Way to admit when you are WRONG .
Only pointing it out because you are accusing me of somehow inhibiting your specific user account from being able to quote/reply.
Remain ignorant, or simply look at this thread and the time stamps.
If you need me to walk ya through it, PM me as I agree this conversation is going no where.
Your choice.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
... doing the exact same thing I was doing before is now doing something different. ...
I THINK it's the same for me, I'm just not 100% sure. All I know is that now I can get in and previously I wasn't. I also notice actual numbers in the participation box where previously I always remember just seeing zero, so it seems that after this discussion, people have figured out how to use it or something was changed to make it a lot easier to get in. So thanks for the thread, as it accomplished its goal, even though I'll probably never go there again! :)

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
I THINK it's the same for me, I'm just not 100% sure. All I know is that now I can get in and previously I wasn't. I also notice actual numbers in the participation box where previously I always remember just seeing zero, so it seems that after this discussion, people have figured out how to use it or something was changed to make it a lot easier to get in. So thanks for the thread, as it accomplished its goal, even though I'll probably never go there again! :)
Mac, there is a lot of static in this thread. The chat wasn't fully activated for everyone until this thread.

The static came from quote/reply function in the forum software that has always remained the same. It is not part of the chat add on.