• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New to me Ford Raptor

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
700hp?!?...Mine seemed scary-fast to me, right out of the showroom. It'll spin all the wheels at 65mph in the dirt..destroyed it's BFGs in 5000 miles playing with it..Chunked em' to pieces. So, no need for fire breathing upgrades AFAIC. Your's must be a flat-out monster, and I'm scared of monsters! (y)
Besides, I need to keep it quiet for sneaking into hunting fields. One of the things I love most about the truck is that low-range or big throttle is almost never required, even for pretty radical terrain. It idles through stuff that would have my old bronco wailing in a low gear.
Quiet and sneaky, like a golf cart in comparison to most 4x4s.

yea, Roush supercharged with some added performance goodies
, full suspension ect . We run around the desert alot here . There is a local raptor group in vegas . alot of offloading and shooting together . The K02 tires will last if you air down while out in the desert . The older KO's were bad with chunking .

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
yea, Roush supercharged with some added performance goodies
, full suspension ect . We run around the desert alot here . There is a local raptor group in vegas . alot of offloading and shooting together . The K02 tires will last if you air down while out in the desert . The older KO's were bad with chunking .
The Raptor specific ATs had extra siping, so extra chunking.
I went with Hankook muds. No siping, so no chunking when sailing around and still get around when ATs would be slicks in the mud and snow. Crazy traction in the dry, too.
On road isn't as nice as before, especially in the wet, but I think it's worth it. Will be coming up on a new set soon.

nvsteve

Active member (5.56mm)
Dacam,

How is the throttle response on yours ? I have been reading their a little sluggish in normal mode. Have you done a tune on it? Mine should be here in about a week. Yours looks great!!
I have a 2017 3.5 but not a Raptor. The throttle response is not much of an issue as the 2017s have an updated injection system.
Here is something I found that addresses throttle response issues. A friend tried it on his 2016 and it made the response 99% better.
Be sure to let the pedal snap up quickly.
Throttle Calibration

Throttle calibration can substantially improve throttle responsiveness over "factory standard." Many people notice what appears to be sluggish throttle response or a "dead area" at initial accelerator depression. Throttle calibration can take care of these.

1) turn the key in the ON position (don't start the engine)
2) press the gas pedal down slowly all the way down
3) let go of the gas pedal fast so it come back up
4) turn key into the OFF position
repeat steps 1-4 two more times then start engine.

Most drivers notice an immediate change in throttle response, but depending on your driving style, you may need to repeat this procedure periodically due to the computer's adaptive programming. You likely need to repeat this procedure any time the battery is disconnected.

These trucks also have dual direct injection . They are a big improvement over the first gen eco boost , I have done a lot of work on these new raptors and found what works and what doesn't . If you guys have any questions let me know .
Thanks, I appreciate that. Called for a update today it was in Wyoming should be in my garage by July 4th or sooner!!

Congrats! I really like that Gen 2. Here’s mine, 2014 Roush. She’s a money pit in upgrades.
Buddy of mine has a 2014 Roush as well I got tired of trying to get him to sell it to me. I would like a V8 but the mileage upgrade with the eco boost will help at the pump. But will never sound like a V8.

After a long wait I finally received it on July 9. Never test drove one before ordering it. Truck has far exceeded my expectations just a awesome rig and when the turbo's start spooling you better hang on!! haven't got her dirty yet probably today. Here is a crappy pic I took with it at work (left the company truck home) Now I got to rearrange the garage for a easier fit.

777Armory

Lurker (.22LR)
Nice trucks guys! Raptors are my favorite truck to work on and upgrade (I own an offroad parts shop). Might have to look at an 18 when the 19s come out, maybe I snag a little price break.

Nice trucks guys! Raptors are my favorite truck to work on and upgrade (I own an offroad parts shop). Might have to look at an 18 when the 19s come out, maybe I snag a little price break.
I believe the order banks open in August for the 19's from what I have read the 18's have quit selling as they expect a 7L V-8 to come out in the 19's maybe as a mid year option or maybe standard right from the first one's produced. Now is a good time to deal on a 18. I had a dealer in TN order mine from the factory and drop ship it to a local dealer. so I got it exactly how I wanted it and a few bucks below MSRP. It was a long wait or at least it seemed like it.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
A 7L?!? Mine is very low miles and still worth quite a bit..Might be time for a new one.