• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New Frontier Gunsmith

My original post was posted before I had all of the facts. I know better and spoke with New Frontier today. The problem lies with me and the gun. The representative at New Frontier spoke with me at length and answered all of my questions. They absolutely set the standard for customer service and workmanship. To New Frontier, I say I am sorry for the post and I will do everything I can to correct the matter for those that may have read my OP. If they will have me as a customer, I hope to do business there as much as I can afford. Again, we are fortunate to have New Frontier here in (N.) Las Vegas and I would like to thank them for everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dusty

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Damn that sucks. I bet this thread gets lots of attention.

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
First, off, I want to apologize for all the inconvenience right off the bat.

We obviously do our best to take care with everything we do, and we have earned a very good reputation in town because of it. I did some research to find out who worked on your gun and did some security camera spying and I can honestly say, he did a 3 torque install on your bbl properly. I worry there might be an issue with the upper threads or bbl nut so PLEASE keep a very close eye on it in case it happens again.

I've spoke with the guys again to make sure they slow down a bit and take extra care to check the guns their working on. Unfortunately I wasn't personally there while it was getting worked on, but like I said, I did check into it and the bbl but appeared to be torqued properly to me to the best I could see through crappy video. After racking my brain a few times I thought of a few ways this could still happen, even watching him go through the motions, so I had a talk with him anyway and explained a few ways to better QC his work on these types of jobs.

Again, I'm very sorry that this happened, and I'd like you to come in and get a refund for the gunsmith fee you paid. Its the least we can do.

Last edited:

Guido

Commercial Sponsor
Quick Update --

Received a call from the customer today and the nut is loose again after he torqued it himself as well.

Like I said earlier, could be a problem with the bbl extension, bbl nut, or cracked upper threads.

We'll get this all squared away and make the customer whole again either way, but wanted to post a quick update to save some un-deserved bad press. :D

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
You better be careful, Guido, it's doing things like that ^^^^ that result in more business than you can handle, and lots of great memories and happy customers when you retire 40 years later......

Glad to see the practice of good customer service is not dead.

Quick Update --

Received a call from the customer today and the nut is loose again after he torqued it himself as well.

Like I said earlier, could be a problem with the bbl extension, bbl nut, or cracked upper threads.

We'll get this all squared away and make the customer whole again either way, but wanted to post a quick update to save some un-deserved bad press. :D
Thank you all at New Frontier and I hope to see you in a few weeks when I get back to town. Thank you so much. I feel like a real ass right now. I edited the OP and hope I can repair any damage I may have done.

MAC702

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Kudos to all involved. Frustration can sometimes come out too quickly, and how all parties deal with it after that says more about them than any initial issue does.

Guido

Commercial Sponsor
Thank you all at New Frontier and I hope to see you in a few weeks when I get back to town. Thank you so much. I feel like a real ass right now. I edited the OP and hope I can repair any damage I may have done.
No sweat brother. Stuff happens. It is what it is. I'm just glad I didn't fly off the hinge on the guys today after reading this. I back my team 100% (through good or bad), I'm just glad this was one of those days I trusted my gut and figured something else was wrong.

Dusty

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Sorry you don't get the realty show entertainment you were looking for! :nopity:
By attention I men't people standing up for You and Your store.:sad: