• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New Drama @ DSRPC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Is he waiting for the arrest warrant or did he steal enough to go to Brazil?

repoman

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
>Oh drop it.

I will not.
<snip>
Signing off. I will not engage in flame wars.
So are you dropping it, or not.. I'm confused? :)

As for "guilty parties spending a long time in orange jumpsuits", if you haven't noticed lately, pedophiles aren't even spending time in jail anymore, so you might be a little over optimistic here.

This DSRPC drama rivals the NRA (poop) show.

Lost_Vegas

Obsessed Member

As for "guilty parties spending a long time in orange jumpsuits", if you haven't noticed lately, pedophiles aren't even spending time in jail anymore, so you might be a little over optimistic here.

Yeah, I am pretty much done with the NRA too.

And you're right, best case scenario; arrested, processed, released, assigned a court date, judge says "pay it back", perp. says "I don't have the money anymore", perp. files bankruptcy, credit for time served (10 hours), mark on the perp's. "permanent record", wash, rinse, repeat. End of story.

If anyone honestly believes this is / has been limited to one guilty person at DSRPC you probably believe J. Epstein really committed suicide too...

And then gun owners wonder "how do we keep losing our gun rights?" What it boils down to is lack of accountability for the people in "leadership" roles, and apathy of the general constituency; just like our esteemed VP stated. However, I do my part, I vote. Voting isn't working to rectify the problems. So what's next? I am not going to meetings after a long day at work and engaging in a yelling match that proves no actual purpose and effects zero change. Let me know when there is something more productive that I can do and I may consider it.

Bulleteater

Big Stick policy
Forum Supporter
$300,000 stolen.

That's the figure given at today's IDPA match. Let it sink in...

So this begs a question: for those of us that are NOT members, why oh why would we join a club that has a history of ugly corruption and theft of membership dues? Not to mention, a Board of Directors who seem to be lost in another century?

There is a Swamp at DSRPC. And sadly, looks like the only way to drain that swamp is to wait until all the dinosaurs in charge DIE.

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
$300,000?! WTF. How the crap does one person steal that kind of coin and our administration doesn’t notice? I seem to recall Ken saying the individual responsible for the books at the club was beyond reproach. The CPA employed by the club didn’t notice anything odd?

Isn’t $300k a very good portion of the money the club had in reserve?

We’re the funds directly stolen or funneled to other companies IE Work that was paid for but not done? Or did someone knock over DSRPC like you’d rob a liquor store?

Gullwing

"Gunsmith"
Staff member
The former youth director at my church went to become head pastor at another church in town with a small school. The principle? was stealing money from the school to buy her Mary Kay products that she sold as a side business. In only a few years she stole ~$210K.
This was several years ago and the DA told the church it would take several years to get to the case. It has been several years since they should have gotten to the case, but I don't know the outcome.

So it isn't "all the hard" to steal large sums.

Epic Milk

uber n00b
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Seeing as they don't seem to be using the money for range improvements, it seems like large sums of money disappearing would be noticeable before it gets to $300k if *anyone* was looking at the accounts. We could have put some shade and tables on 2 & 10 for a fraction of what they let get stolen. I stay out of the drama out there, but pushing the whole "this is your range" thing to get people to volunteer and then losing *our* money is ridiculous.

So much for any chance of range improvements on "our" range anytime soon, with them letting that much cash get stolen and all.

Marketingslime

Excessive Headspace
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter

Not dropping my resolve to see this through.

Dropping responding to flames. Always willing to engage in reasoned discourse.

Marketingslime

Excessive Headspace
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
$300,000?! WTF. How the crap does one person steal that kind of coin and our administration doesn’t notice? I seem to recall Ken saying the individual responsible for the books at the club was beyond reproach. The CPA employed by the club didn’t notice anything odd?

Isn’t $300k a very good portion of the money the club had in reserve?

We’re the funds directly stolen or funneled to other companies IE Work that was paid for but not done? Or did someone knock over DSRPC like you’d rob a liquor store?
Simple; forge documents that you supply to those in an oversight role.

The funds appear to have been stolen/misappropriated directly. No contractors or DSRPC suppliers were involved AFAWK.

Marketingslime

Excessive Headspace
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
$300,000 stolen.

That's the figure given at today's IDPA match. Let it sink in...

So this begs a question: for those of us that are NOT members, why oh why would we join a club that has a history of ugly corruption and theft of membership dues? Not to mention, a Board of Directors who seem to be lost in another century?

There is a Swamp at DSRPC. And sadly, looks like the only way to drain that swamp is to wait until all the dinosaurs in charge DIE.
Whether you join DSRPC or not is a choice you are free to make, like any other choice in life

Can you please share some of the “ugly history‘“ that you speak of? Please be specific.

The Board of Directors is not “lost in another century”. There is one Board member who is not completely comfortable with computers. The rest have no problem with Technology. I am a retired IT professional. Only two Board members could look at our accounts online. The rest had no access. That’s our bad. There should have been more eyes on the assets. That will be addressed quickly.

Last edited:

4x4Brit

Worktruck Driver
Simple; forge documents that you supply to those in an oversight role.

The funds appear to have been stolen/misappropriated directly. No contractors or DSRPC suppliers were involved AFAWK.
So basically there were no compensating controls. I think whatever happens, the whole club needs an overhaul in it's approach to finances. This stuff is business 101. No one person should have the access to perpetrate this. Now, if a few people are in cahoots? Tough to combat.

Marketingslime

Excessive Headspace
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Brit,

There were some controls in place, but they clearly were not adequate and/or executed. This may have worked fine when the Club was 200 Benchrest shooters, but those days are gone.

Banks used to let Business Accounts require two signatures for large checks. That option is no longer offered by banks of any size. In fact, any authorized signer can move and transfer money electronically these days with the click of a button. Sounds crazy, but it’s true. The only way to guard against such activity is having multiple eyes on accounts and check them frequently.

The Board failed to make sure such a policy was in place. There is no excuse for that, no matter how trustworthy a person with access to Club funds may appear. Based on what I know, the theft was done in a way intended to obscure what was really happening. Even if a second set of eyes noticed the suspect transactions the culprit had a cover story that would only fall apart upon close examination and questioning. That’s not an excuse, just a fact.

I was terminated from the club because I forced the issue of the board following the bylaws. The current president pushed me out instead of allowing discussion in front of the membership. They would NOT let any members discuss the situation which is against the bylaws. if you speak up against them they kick you out of the club. Nice way to silence questions and cover up your wrong doings.

4x4Brit

Worktruck Driver
Brit,

There were some controls in place, but they clearly were not adequate and/or executed. This may have worked fine when the Club was 200 Benchrest shooters, but those days are gone.

Banks used to let Business Accounts require two signatures for large checks. That option is no longer offered by banks of any size. In fact, any authorized signer can move and transfer money electronically these days with the click of a button. Sounds crazy, but it’s true. The only way to guard against such activity is having multiple eyes on accounts and check them frequently.

The Board failed to make sure such a policy was in place. There is no excuse for that, no matter how trustworthy a person with access to Club funds may appear. Based on what I know, the theft was done in a way intended to obscure what was really happening. Even if a second set of eyes noticed the suspect transactions the culprit had a cover story that would only fall apart upon close examination and questioning. That’s not an excuse, just a fact.
What happens now is the most important thing; learning from the mistakes. That's the part I will be following. Is there any opportunity to recover these lost funds through seizure once the case gets proved?

I was terminated from the club because I forced the issue of the board following the bylaws. The current president pushed me out instead of allowing discussion in front of the membership. They would NOT let any members discuss the situation which is against the bylaws. if you speak up against them they kick you out of the club. Nice way to silence questions and cover up your wrong doings.
Can you expand on what was happening? Specifics, etc.

Bulleteater

Big Stick policy
Forum Supporter
Hey @Marketingslime see above quote for a case of UGLY history. Sounds like corruption is well-entrenched and ongoing.

Lost_Vegas

Obsessed Member
Exactly, if / when you speak up and question "the goold ol boys" or in this case maybe one of them was a good ol girl, push back and attack you. When you even attempt to question, things get heated quickly. Remember when Ken was running for president? If this behavior alone is not cause for immediate alarm and questioning I don't know what is.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
While an election is done via a mail-in ballot and incumbents are elected because most of the voters are completely clueless about what is discussed at meetings, what is the procedure for recalls and votes of no-confidence? Maybe the ignorant board members really have a good excuse. It should be an active defense, though. There would be resignations in many organizations when this happens under someone's watch and they were clueless about it.

While it MUST be done, and I'm sure is cheap compared to the heinous theft, how expensive is the forensic audit?

Status
Not open for further replies.