• Las Vegas Shooting Center - Customer Appreciation Day 10/19/2019! - CLICK HERE for details!

New Drama @ DSRPC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM720

Poster Level- Expert
Seems to be a bunch of missing money? 🤔😳 JMHO but the entire BOD should resign and a forensic audit conducted immediately.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Commercial Sponsor
Forum Supporter
Source? Not that I doubt it, but rumors should be substantiated as much as possible and weighted accordingly.

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Given how some of the last six months went down and with the vigorous re-election efforts I can’t say that I’m terribly surprised, but as Mac said I’d like to see more than unsubstantiated rumors before passing any judgement or forming an opinion.

Marketingslime

Excessive Headspace
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Seems to be a bunch of missing money? 🤔😳 JMHO but the entire BOD should resign and a forensic audit conducted immediately.
Without commenting on specific details, as Vice President of DSRPC I can confirm that:

1. An Officer of the Club filed a Suspected Criminal Activity Report two weeks ago with Metro.
2. The suspected loss was reported to the members at last Thursday's General Membership Meeting, literally 90 minutes after members of the Board investigating the matter were finally able to obtain hard evidence that funds were missing. The Board is committed to full transparency regarding this matter. There will be no “cover up”.
3. The investigation is ongoing, and we have been fully cooperating on a daily basis with Metro. We expect that an indictment for multiple felonies and an associated warrant for arrest will be issued soon. We will be able to name the suspect and share all details once that has ocurred. There will be no “deal” with anyone involved...the Club will prosecute this matter to the full extent of the law.
4. The Club’s CPA firm has been contacted and informed that a forensic audit should be undertaken ASAP to confirm our preliminary findings.
5. There is no evidence at this time that more than one person was involved in the suspected theft.

Last edited:

Lost_Vegas

Obsessed Member
Without commenting on specific details, as Vice President of DSRPC I can confirm that:

1. An Officer of the Club filed a Suspected Criminal Activity Report two weeks ago with Metro.
2. The suspected loss was reported to the members at last Thursday's General Membership Meeting, literally 90 minutes after members of the Board investigating the matter were finally able to obtain hard evidence that funds were missing. The Board is committed to full transparency regarding this matter. There will be no “cover up”.
3. The investigation is ongoing, and we have been fully cooperating on a daily basis with Metro. We expect that an indictment for multiple felonies and an associated warrant for arrest will be issued soon. We will be able to name the suspect and share all details once that has ocurred. There will be no “deal” with anyone involved...the Club will prosecute this matter to the full extent of the law.
4. The Club’s CPA firm has been contacted and informed that a forensic audit should be undertaken ASAP to confirm our preliminary findings.
5. There is no evidence at this time that more than one person was involved in the suspected theft.
I wish I could say I was "shocked", however, anyone with the eyes to see could have told you that corruption has been abound for years out there. Alas, I want a local place to shoot, and it really doesn't effect me all that much, so I do my best to ignore the continuous BS about this place...

Marketingslime

Excessive Headspace
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I wish I could say I was "shocked", however, anyone with the eyes to see could have told you that corruption has been abound for years out there. Alas, I want a local place to shoot, and it really doesn't effect me all that much, so I do my best to ignore the continuous BS about this place...
If I am a member of a Club and don’t want to roll up my sleeves and do something about stuff that’s not right, I would avoid making 20/20 hindsight statements from the Monday Morning Quarterback perspective.

Money attracts some bad apples my friend. That’s a sad fact. Some choose to try and prevent bad acts by others, but do not always succeed. Others just don’t want to get involved or report bad acts they see to authorities. And therein lies the crux of the problem...apathy.

I choose to work to affect change for the positive...most others do not. That doesn’t make me better than those who are silent...just different.

Last edited:

Lost_Vegas

Obsessed Member
If I am a member of a Club and don’t want to roll up my sleeves and do something about stuff that’s not right, I would avoid making 20/20 hindsight statements from the Monday Morning Quarterback perspective.

Money attracts some bad apples my friend. That’s a sad fact. Some choose to try and prevent bad acts by others, but do not always succeed. Others just don’t want to get involved or report bad acts they see to authorities. And therein lies the crux of the problem...apathy.

I choose to work to affect change for the positive...most others do not. That doesn’t make me better than those who are silent...just different.
Oh drop it. I am so done with the "get involved" BS. I work to support my family I don't have any spare time for your drama clown show out there. My patience for DS drama is at its end. Shooting, and being a member of a shooting club is a "luxury expense" that I work hard to afford; I don't need to be a member at DSPRC despite the whole "it's a privilege" that we allow you to join BS. It is not a necessary expenditure for me and my household and I have other hobbies in which I can spend my time and money.

If you are in a leadership role, and not yet corrupted, then YOU do something about the problems out there. That's YOUR job. Stop diverting the blame to the members who don't get involved. Besides that, who in their right mind would want to get involved in this circus side show to begin with? Look what happened when Ken tried to "get involved". What a complete and total joke this place appears to be, it is truly saddening that what has such great potential is being held hostage by the good ol boys club. The attitude from most of the leadership towards anyone who dares state their mind is appalling; on par with Hillary's "basket of deplorable's" comment. You all need to realize who you are working for, if it's not the general membership then this place is already lost.

What I do is pay my dues and follow your rules when I'm out there. In my life experience when someone fights tooth and nail to keep a ho-hum thankless volunteer position there is usually corruption involved. Shocker I know. Most people work for a living and don't have time for such additional headache and responsibility, unless there is something else to make it worthwhile. You, and the other executives here are looking down from your ivory tower with your "if you don't like it, do something" is both ridiculous and insulting. How about I pay my dues and expect the place to be managed properly? Not good enough? I know there is a waiting list blah, blah, blah. I am a man of principle and I can surely spend my money in another fashion if I feel the club is mismanaged and the e-board is corrupt and condescending to its paying members.

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I believe I can say “I called it...”

Conveniently 3 months after I ask things about corruption and conflict of interests a concerned board member discovers money is missing and it’s the fault of a single person?

No (poop)? Really? And no doubt the “investigation” will find the fault is just with a single person who is conveniently no longer a member of the board. Hell it would only be more perfect if the person happens to be dead.

And the current administration will trumpet their accomplishment and cement their future. Then the finances will go back into obscurity and 20 years from now a new administration will happen to figure out that a metric (poop) ton of $$ was stolen during the 2010s.

totenschadel

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I believe I can say “I called it...”

Conveniently 3 months after I ask things about corruption and conflict of interests a concerned board member discovers money is missing and it’s the fault of a single person?

No (poop)? Really? And no doubt the “investigation” will find the fault is just with a single person who is conveniently no longer a member of the board. Hell it would only be more perfect if the person happens to be dead.

And the current administration will trumpet their accomplishment and cement their future. Then the finances will go back into obscurity and 20 years from now a new administration will happen to figure out that a metric (poop) ton of $$ was stolen during the 2010s.
Only hope more awaken to this(y)

Marketingslime

Excessive Headspace
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
>Oh drop it.

I will not.

Gentlemen, thank you for replying at length and expressing your opinions based on wild conjecture.

You are both so off base you are not even in the ballpark. I will stick with the facts, continue to work with Metro, and the club will make them public when indictments and a warrant have been issued.

In the end the evidence will be overwhelming. The wheels of justice may move slowly, but any and all guilty parties are going to spend a long time in orange jumpsuits.

Lost_Vegas, if you have even a passing interest in the truth, come to the September General Membership Meeting and you will learn exactly how the fraud was perpetrated. I would be happy to answer any questions you have in front of your fellow members.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant my friend, not ill informed disparagement.

Signing off. I will not engage in flame wars.

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Lost_Vegas, if you have even a passing interest in the truth, come to the September General Membership Meeting and you will learn exactly how the fraud was perpetrated. I would be happy to answer any questions you have in front of your fellow members.
And for those of us who are not local? How will information be distributed to us? How will we have a chance to question the board?

Good To Go

Summerlin
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
PM me your contact info. Assuming membership services confirms your info, I will call you at a mutually agreeable time after the September GMM and I will share the same info we present at the meeting and answer any questions you may have to the best of my ability.
Will you also put it in the news section of the DSR&PC website after the Sept. meeting. I am also a member not in town much.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.