• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Need recommendation for good mechanic/shop on west side for broken exhaust manifold bolt (LV)

Bullets&Bourbon

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Looking for a good shop on west side for broken exhaust manifold bolt on Ram truck Hemi 5.7. Thanks.

Bumper

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
If you, or a friend, is a welder, there's a simple way to remove broken off studs even if they are broken below the surface of the block. The rod flux protects the thread and allows you to essentially weld directly to the stud and then to a nut you hold in position. The welding heats things up and the nut gives you purchase to unscrew the broken stud. The few times I've used this method have worked amazingly well. See for one example of this:
Welding rod

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Very common issue in the Hemis, I bought one anyway.
Have seen many vids on Youtube regarding this, haven't clicked on any cause ignorance is bliss for now.

Bullets&Bourbon

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Unfortunately, this is the 2nd time. Last time I was living in Reno when got it fixed.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Unfortunately, this is the 2nd time. Last time I was living in Reno when got it fixed.
Your post reminded me to put the extended factory warranty on the thing...$1540 for 8/85000, a smoking deal from Ziegler (sic?)
Thanks, Bud.
Call Red Rock auto whatever....one of the better shops on the West end, I have heard.

Optimus

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Classic Automotive on Cheyenne and Decatur. Best auto shop in the a valley. Jason is the owner and will treat you right. He will estimate and show you exactly what’s goin on. Only place I take my cars.

28937252-2D25-4549-B77C-EB9111428ECD.png